The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will Scheifele be suspended and for how long?

Rate this topic

Will Scheifele be suspended and for how long?  

126 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

honestly, all evans had to do was just dump it in and just keep it deep and run out the clock, like how every other player has done it in the playoffs. the game was already out of reach for the jets with a minute left. just left himself open there to get hit

Victim blaming. Classy.

Honestly. All Scheifele had to do was not hit a defenceless Evans out of spite.  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

there was no need for the wraparound showmanship. there was a minute left. the game was over. that is hotdogging

There was a minute left and Montreal was up by 1 goal.  The empty net goal put the nail in the coffin.  There was nothing about it that was hotdogging.  Regardless there was zero reason for Schiefele to destroy a player in such a vulnerable position 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, qwijibo said:

Victim blaming. Classy.

Honestly. All Scheifele had to do was not hit a defenceless Evans out of spite.  

and all evans had to do was just dump it in. doing the wrap around move put himself IN that position in the first place. you can spin it how ever way you want it, i don't care. it was a completely avoidable incident had it been done correctly and thats just run out the clock. thats ALL they had to do

• Like 1

and all evans had to do was just dump it in. doing the wrap around move put himself IN that position in the first place. you can spin it how ever way you want it, i don't care. it was a completely avoidable incident had it been done correctly and thats just run out the clock. thats ALL they had to do

And since when will teams simply give up when they are down a goal let alone in the playoffs.  Games can get tied with a minute left.  

• Upvote 3
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

He had an opportunity to put the game away by putting the puck in the net. A 1 goal lead with a minute left isn’t that secure.  Schiefele did t even try to prevent the goal.  All he cared about was punishing Evans. It was a dirty, predatory hit. Blaming Evans for trying to score a goal is asinine 

• Cheers 2

Just now, mll said:

And since when will teams simply give up when they are down a goal let alone in the playoffs.  Games can get tied with a minute left.  

with the way the jets were playing, and how stingy the habs D and price were playing, the game was already decided. just run out the clock like every single team does; it doesnt matter if you're up a goal, or 2, or 3. run. out. the clock. you KNOW its the playoffs, you KNOW the other team is frustrated, why put yourself in a position to to make things worse than they really should be

Longer than what he will be given, the hit isn’t clean, it’s head first while it isn’t charging from a stride perspective he had ample time to avoid that hit, and made no attempt to do so, he was far to far away to stop the goal as evans had slowed up to stick it lazily in the net.

it’s an awful awful hit. Do I think Schiefs is a dirty player no, but this was reckless and he needs to face the consequences of that recklessness.

what I would say is props to Ehlers and the Linesmen for protecting Evans from the scrum, and I’m sure it was Ehlers calling right from the beginning to get the paramedics out there 

1 minute ago, UKNuck96 said:

Longer than what he will be given, the hit isn’t clean, it’s head first while it isn’t charging from a stride perspective he had ample time to avoid that hit, and made no attempt to do so, he was far to far away to stop the goal as evans had slowed up to stick it lazily in the net.

it’s an awful awful hit. Do I think Schiefs is a dirty player no, but this was reckless and he needs to face the consequences of that recklessness.

what I would say is props to Ehlers and the Linesmen for protecting Evans from the scrum, and I’m sure it was Ehlers calling right from the beginning to get the paramedics out there 

it was ALL ehlers making sure he was okay, i recall years ago people on this very app were calling him AHLers and mocking him

1 minute ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

it was ALL ehlers making sure he was okay, i recall years ago people on this very app were calling him AHLers and mocking him

Ehlers showed respect for an opposing player. The exact opposite of what his teammate did. 

with the way the jets were playing, and how stingy the habs D and price were playing, the game was already decided. just run out the clock like every single team does; it doesnt matter if you're up a goal, or 2, or 3. run. out. the clock. you KNOW its the playoffs, you KNOW the other team is frustrated, why put yourself in a position to to make things worse than they really should be

In one sense I agree. Not at all about how the win was secure, because it wasn't, and scoring that ENG was vital. But I agree it was a mistake by Evans cutting in and going for the wraparound, like I stated above. He got greedy and paid dearly for that, or maybe he didn't see M.S. coming in hot? Should've turned back towards the boards again, keeping hold of the puck and most likely he'd have an open teammate to make a pass to anyway who'd probably score.    

1 minute ago, Mackcanuck said:

spacer.png

Yep said linesmen went straight to Evans and was protecting the head/neck area, I’m not dimishing what Ehlers did but the lineman also deserves credit for helping to protect Evans,

evens was out from the moment the hit connected with the head, he hit the ice limp, without Ehlers or the linemen being there we could have been seeing something even worse from this

18 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Shoulder to the chest, not head

Not striding

Player is behind the goal line

Mtl player hits his head on the ice

He was out cold before he even hit the ice, he shoulder went though and up and connect directly with the chin - there is no way this is not a hit to the head 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

pettersson is a superstar player. jake evans is not. that logic makes no sense in that context. even then, elias pettersson isnt going in and hotdogging an empty net goal

it should make no difference whatsoever if it's a star player. we're talking about workplace health and safety for a human being. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, tas said:

it should make no difference whatsoever if it's a star player. we're talking about workplace health and safety for a human being. 

I'm sure you'd go on and defend Brad Marchand in these bruins gdts whoever says they want him taken out on a stretcher then. go ahead. I'll wait. 

Just now, Twilight Sparkle said:

I'm sure you'd go on and defend Brad Marchand in these bruins gdts whoever says they want him taken out on a stretcher then. go ahead. I'll wait. 

brad marchand has made his bed by being a dirty player for a decade plus.