The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 IIHF World Hockey Championship

Rate this topic

19 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Surely he could have brought more than Chatfield or Benn this season?

He would of been the 5th D man behind , Hughes, Myers, Edler, Hamonic it came down ..

I think Benn played well this past season and he adds toughness and size..

Back end needs to be tougher need a Edmundson 6'4, 220 type D man play physical every shift...

We don't need more any Stestchers 5'10...

We have Hughes 5'10 -- Rathbone 5'10

1.Hughes 5'10 == _______     Mayba Hamonic 6'2, 210 - plays with grit, stay at home D man... 2 X 1.9 -2.3

2. Myers 6'5--- Scmidt  6'0 ------- I could see Scmidt being moved for a big physical #3 D man under 27,, Scmidt would give a team needing a #2 offenive D man --Under Hughes in Vancouver and also have Rathbone 22 will big offensive skill..

3. Rathbone 5'10  -  - __________ Juolevi 6'3 -- Not sure if we can have 2 rookies on D? --Bowey 6'2  need to see him play some games..

Scmidt  could be moved for that big physical D man  defensive  guy # 3 depth under 27....

Edler 35, 6'3 -- slowing down--- can't sign long term?? Maybe  1 X 1.8 million # 5 guy adds depth ? could move on...a

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Eat $&!# USA

They did that already with their four years of Trump.  That guy was a serious manure spreader, and 10’s of million down there happily swallowed it up.  Eat s**t Losers.  :gocan:

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

Source? 

It’s been well documented for years and is a big reason why the KHL has shifted to smaller ice as well 

Here is one article on it but plenty out there https://swisshockeynews.ch/index.php/shn/52-swiss-ice-hockey/sui/iihf-worlds/16323-as-of-2022-world-championships-to-be-played-on-nhl-size-rinks this and the comments in 2019 from the head of the IIHF 

a quick google and you will find a lot more out there 

30 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

It’s been well documented for years and is a big reason why the KHL has shifted to smaller ice as well 

Here is one article on it but plenty out there https://swisshockeynews.ch/index.php/shn/52-swiss-ice-hockey/sui/iihf-worlds/16323-as-of-2022-world-championships-to-be-played-on-nhl-size-rinks this and the comments in 2019 from the head of the IIHF 

a quick google and you will find a lot more out there 

And it's long overdue....

It seems counter intuitive, but the fact is, larger ice makes for less offense. Basically, it gives defenders more opportunity to recover and angle off oncoming forwards.

I don't know how many times over the years I've made this point out to people who advocate for the NHL moving to Olympic sized ice, to "create more offense". It's nice to see that it's finally happening.

41 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

And it's long overdue....

It seems counter intuitive, but the fact is, larger ice makes for less offense. Basically, it gives defenders more opportunity to recover and angle off oncoming forwards.

I don't know how many times over the years I've made this point out to people who advocate for the NHL moving to Olympic sized ice, to "create more offense". It's nice to see that it's finally happening.

I prefer the larger ice as it creates a more strategic game, but I don’t advocate it for more offence, you could arguably go to larger ice and then also extend the offensive zones to match the NHL ones (which are a lot bigger) that might counteract that, or alternatively I think moving from NHL ice and keeping the markings the same and going to the Finnish ice I think wouldn’t alter the game to much, but potentially give a little bit more space which should create some new passing lanes without giving to much that it slows the game down.

Edited by UKNuck96

Boys are over passing a bit...

Henrique had two good looks while short handed, but tried to force a pass through to Foudy....

The boys also need to get over the guy faking the high stick. It ain't coming back and they're spending too much energy on it.

• Vintage 1