Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 IIHF World Hockey Championship

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

Great job Tony! Watched his stats with Detroit this season. Verying results but seemed to get stronger towards seasons end. I am a fan but there wasn’t any room to keep Troy. Wish him the best.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Surely he could have brought more than Chatfield or Benn this season?

He would of been the 5th D man behind , Hughes, Myers, Edler, Hamonic it came down ..

I think Benn played well this past season and he adds toughness and size..

Back end needs to be tougher need a Edmundson 6'4, 220 type D man play physical every shift...

We don't need more any Stestchers 5'10...

We have Hughes 5'10 -- Rathbone 5'10

1.Hughes 5'10 == _______     Mayba Hamonic 6'2, 210 - plays with grit, stay at home D man... 2 X 1.9 -2.3

2. Myers 6'5--- Scmidt  6'0 ------- I could see Scmidt being moved for a big physical #3 D man under 27,, Scmidt would give a team needing a #2 offenive D man --Under Hughes in Vancouver and also have Rathbone 22 will big offensive skill..

3. Rathbone 5'10  -  - __________ Juolevi 6'3 -- Not sure if we can have 2 rookies on D? --Bowey 6'2  need to see him play some games..

 

Scmidt  could be moved for that big physical D man  defensive  guy # 3 depth under 27....

Edler 35, 6'3 -- slowing down--- can't sign long term?? Maybe  1 X 1.8 million # 5 guy adds depth ? could move on...a

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Canada knocks off the US and advances to the final against Finland.

 

Pretty impressive, considering the 0-3 start.....

  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not often Canada even has the opportunity to go on a Cinderella run, but it's happening this year!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Eat $&!# USA

They did that already with their four years of Trump.  That guy was a serious manure spreader, and 10’s of million down there happily swallowed it up.  Eat s**t Losers.  :gocan:

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

Source? 

It’s been well documented for years and is a big reason why the KHL has shifted to smaller ice as well 

 

 Here is one article on it but plenty out there https://swisshockeynews.ch/index.php/shn/52-swiss-ice-hockey/sui/iihf-worlds/16323-as-of-2022-world-championships-to-be-played-on-nhl-size-rinks this and the comments in 2019 from the head of the IIHF 

 

a quick google and you will find a lot more out there 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

It’s been well documented for years and is a big reason why the KHL has shifted to smaller ice as well 

 

 Here is one article on it but plenty out there https://swisshockeynews.ch/index.php/shn/52-swiss-ice-hockey/sui/iihf-worlds/16323-as-of-2022-world-championships-to-be-played-on-nhl-size-rinks this and the comments in 2019 from the head of the IIHF 

 

a quick google and you will find a lot more out there 

And it's long overdue....

 

It seems counter intuitive, but the fact is, larger ice makes for less offense. Basically, it gives defenders more opportunity to recover and angle off oncoming forwards.

 

I don't know how many times over the years I've made this point out to people who advocate for the NHL moving to Olympic sized ice, to "create more offense". It's nice to see that it's finally happening.

Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW, don't know how many people watched the game, but as good as Bread Eater has been, the pass from Connor Brown on his second goal was pure magic...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

And it's long overdue....

 

It seems counter intuitive, but the fact is, larger ice makes for less offense. Basically, it gives defenders more opportunity to recover and angle off oncoming forwards.

 

I don't know how many times over the years I've made this point out to people who advocate for the NHL moving to Olympic sized ice, to "create more offense". It's nice to see that it's finally happening.

I prefer the larger ice as it creates a more strategic game, but I don’t advocate it for more offence, you could arguably go to larger ice and then also extend the offensive zones to match the NHL ones (which are a lot bigger) that might counteract that, or alternatively I think moving from NHL ice and keeping the markings the same and going to the Finnish ice I think wouldn’t alter the game to much, but potentially give a little bit more space which should create some new passing lanes without giving to much that it slows the game down.

 

 

Edited by UKNuck96
Link to post
Share on other sites

Game's on at 10....anyone else watching?  Gotta see Tony in action...go Canada!

 

Hockey all day....life is gooooooood.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Game's on at 10....anyone else watching?  Gotta see Tony in action...go Canada!

 

Hockey all day....life is gooooooood.

Enjoy! Go Canada Go! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife and son are Finnish, so I would have to support Finland in this one. But I hope Stecher scores three goals and is named mvp.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Boys are over passing a bit...

 

Henrique had two good looks while short handed, but tried to force a pass through to Foudy....

 

The boys also need to get over the guy faking the high stick. It ain't coming back and they're spending too much energy on it.

  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...