The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 IIHF World Hockey Championship

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Gallant will be behind the bench in the NHL before the season starts for sure.

I was thinking how he may have upped his personal worth by a million or two at least, and an earlier job offer, by this turnaround performance by the team.  He'd still maybe get an offer.  But would it be as quick, or as generous, if he'd gone out as the first coach of a Canadian team to never make it to the playoff round at the Worlds?  Which it looked like could happen.  I don't think so.

5 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

https://www.tsn.ca/must-see/video/must-see-senators-teammates-brown-paul-connect-on-golden-goal-for-canada~2216806

#27 Finnish player wins the faceoff but got picked off on his pass. he was the last Finn back and you can see him smash his stick on the goal post after the goal.

The "A" on his sweater stands for "Assist"....B)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Gallant will be behind the bench in the NHL before the season starts for sure.

When Benning goes, and he will in 2 after all of his  slow-dragging contract snafus, miscues & loyalties to the wrong people (Eriksson, Virtanen)….would a new GM have Gallant on his radar? Will some of these forever Canucks be returning home?

So proud of the way that team-Canada gelled & continued to progress and grow.

Character matters & surely there’s been a lot of character on display within this 2021 Team-Canada & their leadership group! These are the intangibles that win championships! Never forget that, JB! 

As the current GM, perhaps his bridges with some players have been irrevocably burned. Perhaps another GM would welcome players like Stecher & Tanev back & in a quicker heart-beat….or I could  envision iconic leaders like Hank & Daniel, advocating far more adequately for these players, or at least for players who are like them. 

Edited by viking mama

6 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

don't worry we have Ollie" Healthy Scratch" Jeolevi

That's unfair.  Give the kid a break...and please learn how to spell his name if you're going to make comments on him.  

We don't have to throw our own players under the bus because we miss another player.  It doesn't always have to be like that.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, viking mama said:

When Benning goes, and he will in 2 after all of his  slow-dragging contract snafus, miscues & loyalties to the wrong people (Eriksson, Virtanen)….would the new GM have Gallant on his radar? Will some of these forever Canucks be returning home?

So proud of the way that team-Canada gelled & continued to progress and grow.

Character matters & surely there’s a lot of character on display within this 2021 Team-Canada & their leadership group! These are the intangibles that win championships! Never forget that, JB! 

As the current GM, perhaps bridges have been somewhat burnt. Perhaps another GM might welcome players like Stech & Tanev back in a far quicker heart-beat….or I can envision iconic leaders like Henrik & Daniel, even Roberto Luongo, advocating far more adequately for these players or at least for players who are like them. 

I think it would be late by then. Gallant will probably land a job this summer and he will likely stay employed for two+ years with whichever team he goes to.