The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Joakim Nordstrom signs with CSKA Moscow (KHL)

Posted (edited)

Not sure why an "elite" bottom six NHL forward would have to go sign in the KHL?

any ideas @Alain Vigneault?   LOL

"makes you wonder"

Notice I didn't refer to him as a winger or a center lol.   Hope this helps.

(btw, thanks for the entertainment value in the last Nordstrom thread - that was pure gold).  maybe we can get this one up to code lol.

I think my favorite part was when you equated Giordano to Lucic lol = 'Dead cap' that would take assets to move.  That was good stuff.

Uh, actually, no - I think the best part was where you mocked the idea that JT Miller was a center (a guy that had just taken 700+ draws that season)....

Hiring] Flyers hire Alain Vigneault as Head Coach - Page 2 - General Hockey  Discussion - Canucks Community

Anyhow - maybe it's too early for you to engage - after your #proper  #genius that you fluffed so endlessly - just got bounced in the first round yet again!!

Edited by oldnews
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Not sure why an "elite" bottom six NHL forward would have to go sign in the KHL?  LOL

any ideas @Alain Vigneault

makes you wonder.

Notice I didn't refer to him as a winger or a center lol.

(btw, thanks for the entertainment value in the last Nordstrom thread - that was pure gold).  maybe we can get this one up to code lol.

I think my favorite part was when you equated Giordano to Lucic lol = 'Dead cap' that would take assets to move.  That was good stuff.

Uh, actually, no - I think the best part was where you mocked the idea that JT Miller was a center (a guy that had just taken 700+ draws that season)....

Hiring] Flyers hire Alain Vigneault as Head Coach - Page 2 - General Hockey  Discussion - Canucks Community

Anyhow - maybe it's too early for you to engage - after your #proper  #genius that you fluffed so endlessly - just got bounced in the first round yet again!!

I’ve seen him say some wild stuff lately soo I kinda just expect whack stuff from him. But JT is really good at center, it’s just he’s also a really good winger I don’t mind him taking faceoffs and than sliding back into the wing

• Hydration 1

13 minutes ago, Dats hockey said:

I’ve seen him say some wild stuff lately soo I kinda just expect whack stuff from him. But JT is really good at center, it’s just he’s also a really good winger I don’t mind him taking faceoffs and than sliding back into the wing

yeah - he's the perfect complement to EP, really.  

What's the point of these posts?

When healthy, MIller plays wing on EP's line.  EP got injured so he started playing center.  At that point in time, he took the odd-draw but wasn't playing a C.  Look at any lineup graphic and you would see that.

As for Giordano/Lucic, I never said that Giordano was dead-cap lol.  Not sure where you got that from.

As for Nordstrom, who cares?  Jagr went to Europe mid-career, does that mean he was bad?  Yeah, didn't think so.

Hope this helps.

• Haha 1

Just now, AV. said:

When healthy, MIller plays wing on EP's line.  EP got injured so he started playing center.  At that point in time, he took the odd-draw but wasn't playing a C.  Look at any lineup graphic and you would see that.

As for Giordano/Lucic, I never said that Giordano was dead-cap lol.  Not sure where you got that from.

As for Nordstrom, who cares?  Jagr went to Europe mid-career, does that mean he was bad?  Yeah, didn't think so.

Hope this helps.

I should add that I'm not equating Jagr to Nordstrom.  The point is that better opportunities sometimes arise outside of the NHL.

20 hours ago, AV. said:

Hope this helps.

700+ "odd draws" lol

Millier took 718

EP took 112

:lol:

On 10/19/2020 at 1:57 PM, AV. said:

there's a good chance 107 year old Giordano or Milan Lucic will probably "go" to Seattle, which will open up even more cap-space at the cost of an asset or two.

On 10/19/2020 at 6:16 PM, AV. said:

Just because Jim Benning is unable to do something doesn't mean that other GMs are unable to as well.

David Clarkson, Jason Garrison, Mikhail Grabovski, Clayton Stoner, and even Marc-Andre Fleury were all "dead" cap that got moved.  If you're willing to bite the bullet on throwing in a 1st, good prospects, or multiple picks, something can be arranged.

On 10/19/2020 at 6:40 PM, AV. said:

My original point is that getting Giordano/Lucic to move is not impossible if you're willing to bite the price of the sweetener it will take, be it high picks/good prospects.

"                                                             "

Top 30 Very Funny Old Spanish Man Laughing Hard GIFs | Find the best GIF on  Gfycat

On 10/19/2020 at 1:34 PM, AV. said:

Flames signing an elite bottom-six player for league minimum.  Makes you wonder..

Treliving well-clear at the top...

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, oldnews said:

700+ "odd draws" lol

Millier took 718

EP took 112

:lol:

"                                                             "

Top 30 Very Funny Old Spanish Man Laughing Hard GIFs | Find the best GIF on  Gfycat

Everything I said is still true.

If Calgary wants cap-space, there's a way to get some through those methods.

Hope this helps.

• Haha 1