The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Muller as Canucks Assistant Coach?

Rate this topic

Provost

1350 NHL games as a player. 12 years an assistant coach, 4 years a head coach. Stints in Carolina, St. Louis but primarily in Montreal. 

Lots of variables in any situation but Kirk still has lots to prove. It must be his decision to leave Montreal but I question the rumours as Montreal is still playing. I doubt JB tampers. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, laddie said:

Their power play was horrible under Muller and didn’t improve until March when Alex Burrows took over. Perhaps we should consider bringing Burrows back as an Assistant Coach instead.

Oh now we’re talking.

1 hour ago, laddie said:

Their power play was horrible under Muller and didn’t improve until March when Alex Burrows took over. Perhaps we should consider bringing Burrows back as an Assistant Coach instead.

I have no doubt that Burr will be a coach for the Canucks; perhaps even a head coach, but the reality is that he is a hometown boy and the Habs always have been (and will be) his favoured team.  This is actually great for the Nucks, as he will be well-trained with tons of experience when he finally moves on from Montreal to Vancouver.

Muller, wouldn't be my 1st choice but anyone is better than Bumgartner or Brown. Also, if they brought someone in like him coach Green has a replacement right beside him if the season starts $&!#ty like this year...difference is, there will be fans booing and calling for someone to get fired and the owner can't hide behind twitter when there are thousands voicing their displeasure 

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

I have no doubt that Burr will be a coach for the Canucks; perhaps even a head coach, but the reality is that he is a hometown boy and the Habs always have been (and will be) his favoured team.  This is actually great for the Nucks, as he will be well-trained with tons of experience when he finally moves on from Montreal to Vancouver.

He ran back to Montreal pretty quick, doubt he comes here when they only hire french speaking coaches...that limits your choices

• RoughGame 1