The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Gabriel Landeskog

13 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Imagine Gabriel playing with Petey. Maybe play Nils on RW. 

Gabriel would love Vancouver. All Swedish players do really. The Sedin twins could convince him to come I’m sure. Maybe that is why they are in management now. To recruit the best available Swedish players in the world and convince them to come to Vancouver. 

I am sure Colorado will do everything in their power to re-sign him. He is their captain and Colorado drafted him. Colorado is the only team he has ever played for. And Colorado is a Cup contender. So why would he leave all of that to come to Vancouver?

To play with me of course:)

Landeskog   Pettersson    Boeser

Pearson        Horvat          Podkolzin 

Hoglander    Miller            Appleton 

Highmore     Trenin           Lockwood 

Make it happen, stud B)

• Cheers 1

It's human nature, we all wanna live high on the hog

Landeskog - Highmore - Hoglander

Write this on a paper airplane & throw into his agent's office window. GL will go Hog-wild. Prob walk away from Team Walmart, mid-PO's!

Seriously, I agree the twins may well act as a FA-draw. They add prestige/respect to the franchise.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Imagine Gabriel playing with Petey. Maybe play Nils on RW. 

Gabriel would love Vancouver. All Swedish players do really. The Sedin twins could convince him to come I’m sure. Maybe that is why they are in management now. To recruit the best available Swedish players in the world and convince them to come to Vancouver. 

I am sure Colorado will do everything in their power to re-sign him. He is their captain and Colorado drafted him. Colorado is the only team he has ever played for. And Colorado is a Cup contender. So why would he leave all of that to come to Vancouver?

To play with me of course. :)

Landeskog   Pettersson    Boeser

Pearson        Horvat          Podkolzin 

Hoglander    Miller            Appleton 

Highmore     Trenin           Lockwood 

It would have been possible had GL been. UFA in 2022 but we won’t have the cap space......unless Seattle accepts our 1st + Rathbone + Podkolzin + Eriksson + Beagle + Roussel........for a 7th rounder.

After successfully convincing GL’s agent that Joe Sakic was the one who caused Covid 19, GL then signs with your Vancouver Canucks.

Landeskog-Pettersson-Boeser

Miller-Horvat-Hoglander 

Pearson-Sutter-Virtanen

Motte-Beagle-Highmore

Schmidt-Savard

Hughes-Hamonic

Juolevi-Myers

Demko

Holtby

1 hour ago, Chris12345 said:

Naslund Sakic Bertuzzi 

Sorry I had a 2007 flashback.

I think you’re thinking of Forsberg.

To my knowledge Sakic was NEVER available, and even stated he doesn’t like the idea of play in his hometown due to the pressure.

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

I'd love to see it, but it'll never happen

He'd have to be crazy to leave Colorado, the upside and cup potential of that team is nuts 

and we also don't have the cap room so its a moo point

lets see if people get this reference

Edited by filthycanuck

1 hour ago, shiznak said:

To my knowledge Sakic was NEVER available, and even stated he doesn’t like the idea of play in his hometown due to the pressure.

Tough sturdy line man.

who said Swedish players are soft?

Forsberg was Swedish hockey dream.

Landeskog would rather play with MacKinnon/Rantanen/Makar, honestly. 

Going back to topic... Landeskog looks to be quite a captain, very protective of his team. Dont see him leaving COL at all, they even have the cap to re-sign him. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shiznak said:

He was a UFA later in his career. And for the reasons above that's why he never signed here. 

He’s the percent fit with skilled players. He’s defensively responsible, plays multiple forward positions, wins draws, plays physical, creates space and produces at a high level. 

I don’t think he falls to FA but if he does I could see every team with enough cap space going after him. He’s the type of player you don’t find often. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

25 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

No. We cannot sign any 30+ Swedish contracts anymore, unless we've drafted them. Have you learned nothing? 

Mats Sundin looked like he was FINALLY in shape during the Chicago playoff series.  Too bad Mitchell had to cough up the puck at that moment.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Mats Sundin looked like he was FINALLY in shape during the Chicago playoff series.  Too bad Mitchell had to cough up the puck at that moment.

we got more out of that one year deal than Loui's 6. 

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, shiznak said:

I am not but I think I have my years wrong. 2004 all star game. Same line? I then had to listen to people talk about how it would be a great line as if we didn't live in reality. Sound familiar?