The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

London, Ont family of 4 killed by driver who targeted them because they were Muslim

RUPERTKBD

31 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

GF was murder. 

Cops shouldn't be allowed to do that.

Only god should be allowed to take or give a life. 

...but since the big bang seems to suggest superdeterminism, god probably has long since kicked up his/her/their feet and is watching the show. 

Curious if god wonders where it came from? just like us...

Anyway, on topic this guy should be locked up ...throw away the key.

Well according to Biblical sources he used intervene in early human society, but I am guessing now is just pure lunacy for him... 

Sure living standards have improved and what not, but the important question to ask is have we improved morally or spiritually? 

I believe we are regressing in those two categories.. and is in line with with what the scripture has to say that there will be a time in history when people will just do as they please without a care in the world for consequences or actions.

Similar to a Sodom or Gomorrah scenario but worse.. 

41 minutes ago, drummer4now said:

Well according to Biblical sources he used intervene in early human society, but I am guessing now is just pure lunacy for him... 

Sure living standards have improved and what not, but the important question to ask is have we improved morally or spiritually? 

I believe we are regressing in those two categories.. and is in line with with what the scripture has to say that there will be a time in history when people will just do as they please without a care in the world for consequences or actions.

I wish we had a religion thread but apparently it gets too saucy.

I have lots of questions, like why some things were removed from the bible. I specifically am interested in the book of Enoch and the gospel of Mary.

I recently listened to a pod cast featuring a linguist that translated the ancient Hebrew bible in a way that would make many religious people squirm. The spoiler is, Aliens. 

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Like 1

Just now, bishopshodan said:

I have lots of questions, like why some things were removed from the bible. I specifically am interested in the book of Enoch and the gospel of Mary.

I recently listened to a pod cast featuring a decorated that translated the ancient Hebrew bible in a way that would make many religious people squirm. The spoiler is, Aliens. 

These are already mentioned in the Bible and other religious texts as demons or fallen angels... 1/3 of the fallen angels to be exact. 

Religion thread would be pointless as it would like a 1000 pages with atheists vs religious people and the same arguments being tossed by both sides.. 

1 minute ago, drummer4now said:

These are already mentioned in the Bible and other religious texts as demons or fallen angels... 1/3 of the fallen angels to be exact. 

Religion thread would be pointless as it would like a 1000 pages with atheists vs religious people and the same arguments being tossed by both sides.. 

Don't they speak of Anunnaki? and why were those books removed?

I know that they predate the bible, but many bible stories come from Sumerian text. 

The gospel of Mary is interesting too...Jesus leaving a woman with such status must be why the church turfed it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drummer4now said:

I believe he created the universe through the help of Big Bang... not what your scumbag scientist want to believe who say it happened randomly.. 

Sometimes I think are CDC posters smarter than the Pope, Kings and Queens of the world, PM, Presidents, CEOs, etc.. that all believe in God or are they just feeble like we all hope to believe. Don't forget the billions of people that believe in God they must stupid too.. 

Ignorance on these forums gets to me sometimes

Why do you reply to Gurns post calling a scientist he never mentioned a scumbag ?

How do you rule the rulers ?

Tell them they only rule here on earth and you have to answer to a higher ruler.

And you better or you will suffer for eternity.

Anyway do you think being a politician or a king/Queen makes you smart ?

I believe not.

Kings and Queens are born into their positions,bit of interbreeding going on in the European families.

Politicians are selected through party process and looking at the politicians here in Aus and the US and Britian,yes I believe I have more knowledge than most of them and would apply that knowledge to help the society I live in better than they do 

As for the Catholic church the choice of pope's are pure Machiavellian manoeuvres.

I suggest you research the the Borgia family pope's and see what they got up to.

They make trump look like a saint.

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Regardless of our personal religious or political convictions, the driver (murderer) in this case should fry.  Whether that’s in Hell for all eternity, or on this earth in a hot box.  This guy needs to burn.  

Funny how religious people seem to forget their commandment thou shalt not kill.

And how their "prophet Jesus" taught compassion.

While I am heart broken at the loss of life and am can only condemn that person's actions,him suffering here or in "eternity"will not bring back those people.

I hope he is sentenced to life in jail,spending a lot of that time in solitary confinement.

1 hour ago, drummer4now said:

What essentially makes sapiens what we are,human nature,has not nor will it ever change.

What changes is how many sapiens are compassionate or selfish or display the other characteristics that make up human nature.

56 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I recently listened to a pod cast featuring a linguist that translated the ancient Hebrew bible in a way that would make many religious people squirm. The spoiler is, Aliens. 

Totally 

Fascinating topic the many gospels/stories of Jesus supposed life and the political process that ended up with Mathew Mark Luke and John being selected as the second testament of the Bible.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, drummer4now said:

Hey !

What about us Agnostics ?

I suppose being a very small "sect" we are overlooked.

Can't remember how many pages the God thread got to but you are essentially correct.

• Cheers 2

59 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Don't they speak of Anunnaki? and why were those books removed?

I know that they predate the bible, but many bible stories come from Sumerian text. 

The gospel of Mary is interesting too...Jesus leaving a woman with such status must be why the church turfed it.

Horus similar to Mithra

Attis analogous to Krishna 

Jesus different name same story 

All based on an ancient Egyptian allegory 

Mike Burkett 

Edited by Ilunga

30 minutes ago, sassbs said:

Just amputate both his feet and both his hands, and let him rot in prison 

or

send him back to the victims home country and let them deal with him

This happened in Canada not some barbaric country like KSA.

Just like Breivik, Tarrant, Bissonnette, this guy will spend most of his life in a nice cushy prison.

These are the times I wish we had the death sentence.  Killing someone because of faith, theres no reason for that person to get any sympothy and just get to rot in jail.  Horrendous act of terror this person created.

6 hours ago, drummer4now said:

Unless the killer had political means for doing this I don't believe it is a terrorist attack rather just a hate crime. 

It most certainly is not a terrorist attack. People on social media screaming it was a terrorist attack. Words have meanings, definitions, and this isn't that.. 

2 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

With that said, just execute the prick. Tired of how soft this country this. 

Nah, life sentence in solitary without parole sounds like a way harsher and arduous punishment than a quick death. 

Probably cheaper too. Heck definitely cheaper.

Edited by 24K PureCool