The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

5000 fans by September? Can it happen

Rate this topic

Bertuzzipunch

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Because of supply issues.  Taking control over production and making them up here solves the issue.

When I went for my shot and a week later when my wife went we were in and out in 20 minutes, there were empty chairs and staff doing nothing yet they had lots of doses available.

17 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

There are people that for medical reasons can not get vaccinated, if someone tells you they can’t due to medical reasons you can not make them prove that nor deny them service.

Vaccine passports are coming (aka: a vaccination tab on your service now app if you are in BC or a federal run app) like it or not that can pretty much say if you are vaccinated or medically can't be vaccinated without disclosing anything to the viewer (like a green check mark indicating you are good to go either due to vaccination or medical exemption).

11 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Vaccine passports are coming (aka: a vaccination tab on your service now app if you are in BC or a federal run app) like it or not that can pretty much say if you are vaccinated or medically can't be vaccinated without disclosing anything to the viewer (like a green check mark indicating you are good to go either due to vaccination or medical exemption).

Please come with me comrade, your papers are not in order.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

My dad does not nor ever will have a cell phone yet he is vaccinated. Saying stuff is easy, making it legal is a whole new issue.

• Like 1

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

My dad does not nor ever will have a cell phone yet he is vaccinated. Saying stuff is easy, making it legal is a whole new issue.

There will always be a paper alternative. The template is already there with international vaccine records.

It is the new reality my friend so get with the program.

There is zero constitutional issues with this.

20 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

There will always be a paper alternative. The template is already there with international vaccine records.

It is the new reality my friend so get with the program.

There is zero constitutional issues with this.

Also, do you know how easy it is to hack an app, it would be the last thing I trust to prove someone is vaccinated.

I could start a business, Dumb Nucks easy vaccination documentation services.

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

so, passionate fan then. 

Honestly Canucks games live have been pretty crappy for a while now.  Between the security staff being instructed to kick out people that make too much noise, to all the suits in the seats.  

I get to about one or two games per year now and the atmosphere just isn't good. 

As far as these vaccine requirements, that's just wild speculation.  

Vegas is playing at 100% capacity and I don't see any requirements to buy a ticket there.  You obviously have states like Florida and Texas that have been opened for a while now, but they're not the only ones.  Australia has had concerts for months now.  

We better have at least 5000 people in the stands by September.

5 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Maybe they could just Tattoo people who've had their 2nd shots like all the girls in Calgary have with Tramp Stamps on their lower backs after their 2nd Stampede.   That would be surefire way ! 

It could be a simple Dr. Bonnie face tattoo.

6 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

What happens when the vaccines wear off?  

2 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Why zombies are so hilarious - The Verge

Hey, I think i've seen that guy up here in the hood around King George Hwy and 100th & at the Surrey Sky Train station.   He looks a bit familiar but then again I could have him mistaken with anyone from around here.

Watching Avs in a full stadium in Vegas is getting back to normal.  The BC govt has to get on board and open everything up.  Society isn't meant to be locked in a room  Pre Covid 150k died each day of something nothing to do with the Pandy.  Lets get back to normal THANK YOU.

• Like 1

I’m pretty sure that they’ll have a more optimistic goal than 5,000 by the time September rolls around as I’m quite positive that a lot of the guys that had their first Covid shot will have had their 2nd shot by the end of August.  

We will likely be at around 65-70% full vaccinated people.  

In the UK when they have done the pilot tests it’s not a COVID passport that was needed but confirmation of a negative COVID test (from set providers) in the previous 48 hours.

The pilots went well and I think only 5 people across all pilot events tested positive when they swabbed them after the events. 

So I wouldn’t be surprised if a similar approach was done over there to open up sports attendance 

10 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

What happens when the vaccines wear off?  

If that happens and you get covid, statistically close to zero chance of dying, much reduced chances of requiring the hospital, and fair chances you don't even know you have it.    They won't wear off to the point of zero.   Factually it takes time even to get to where it needs to be, one month.   More shots i suppose, but i do get this circus, the vaccine is just the best chance at normalcy and getting the health care system running properly again. 

8 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Also, do you know how easy it is to hack an app, it would be the last thing I trust to prove someone is vaccinated.

I could start a business, Dumb Nucks easy vaccination documentation services.

Its even easier to fake and forge a document.  

25 minutes ago, IBatch said:

If that happens and you get covid, statistically close to zero chance of dying, much reduced chances of requiring the hospital, and fair chances you don't even know you have it.    They won't wear off to the point of zero.   Factually it takes time even to get to where it needs to be, one month.   More shots i suppose, but i do get this circus, the vaccine is just the best chance at normalcy and getting the health care system running properly again. 

I think going forward it will be like a flu shot- you do it every year (al least my family does)

10 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

6 months into the year 7.6% of Canada is fully vaccinated, how could they give annual boosters to everyone? If COVID turns into a mutating seasonal thing it will be impossible to keep up with.

That is mostly because Canada made the right choice to focus on getting one shot in everyone first. We are second in the world in first shots despite getting a late start. 
the good news is that the variants all have areas of stability in the spike protein that immunization can be adjusted to target. MRNA vaccines are very easy to adjust the sequence. Next up I suspect we will see trials of mixed population mRNA vaccines which may allow for a seasonal respiratory illness shot that would cover flu, coronavirus and other emerging pathogens. 
the Crisper research is exciting too, by the next pandemic we should have gene targeted antiviral treatments. 

Full capacity by September 7th.  Case counts, hospitalizations, death are already at very small numbers.  In there months I expect they will be negligible.  No reason to have any restrictions at all by opening day.