The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Nolan Patrick requests trade

1 minute ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Pass; would rather see the Canucks give OJ a legit chance before trading a still unknown player.  

Understandable but...

Canucks gave up on McCann, Hodgson, Grabner among others I am sure quite early on their careers. It is a risk for sure, especially us swapping 1sts as part of the deal, I would NOT want us to do that but it might be something JB does to secure the deal if he truly believes in Patrick as a hockey player going forward

• Cheers 1

https://recrutes.ca/meet-your-makar-king-patrick/

“Our guys aren’t keen on him,” said the scout of another team slated to pick in the top ten. “I would be really surprised if we took Nolan Patrick. Unless it’s a no brainer.  If we’re at 4 or 5…then you’ve gotta do it.  “If (club management) hear a peep on a player we’re not taking him…and they’ve heard some things that concern them.”

Wouldn't be surprised at all if that's one of our scouts.  Add in the injury history and it's a real tough sell for me.  Including him as part of an Eichel package makes a lot more sense for everyone involved.

• Vintage 1

Philly wishes they drafted Petey instead of Nolan Patrick.

I was pretty sure Nolan Patrick was gonna be Seattle Kraken bound anyways. They're gonna be selling low on Patrick this summer. I don't think Patrick has had a healthy season since 2016.

OJ for Patrick isn't a bad swap of underperforming high draft picks. I don't hate it. But I would rather have Juolevi as a depth guy instead of being dealt but if you can make Patrick a 3C that would be a big win and Benning loves to try and rehabilitate former lottery picks (see: Pouliot, Del Zotto).

23 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

OJ & #9 overall for Patrick & #13 overall?

Don't think he's worth that much for a trade up. I would think based on the injury history and how he's performed in the NHL so far that the return would be something like a 3rd round pick + a project/minor prospect.

Just now, MystifyNCrucify said:

Virtanen for Patrick. Thats all id do. Patrick sounds like he’s borderline bust at this point. 

He had 2 30 pt seasons despite some setbacks with his injuries. At worst he will probably end up a serviceable NHL player 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

31 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

https://info.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/flyers-nolan-patrick-has-reportedly-requested-a-trade?fbclid=IwAR1NA8nqiqnLNUT-20-oTb42gY5MJeOc63WUjv6AFm34WBH91i7osExDKfE

Patrick has requested a trade, could we swing an OJ for Patrick deal?

Could fill our #3c needs, and OJ was not trusted much by Green and maybe he could do well under AV?

Hard pass unless we're throwing something like a 2nd and a 3rd round pick at him. I wouldn't give up much with his concussion history.

This kid is one hit in the head away from calling it a career.

I would do OJ for Patrick, just for the upside potential and the brief but impressive emergence of Rathbone for the left side. If it worked reasonably well, it solves some big issues. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

He had 2 30 pt seasons despite some setbacks with his injuries. At worst he will probably end up a serviceable NHL player 

Quick wiki shows hes had shoulder and hernia problems since he was young, last year had migraines in preseason. 

Hes broken. I dont think hes worth even Virtanen at this point. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Quick wiki shows hes had shoulder and hernia problems since he was young, last year had migraines in preseason. 

Hes broken. I dont think hes worth even Virtanen at this point. 

I would have probably given Gaudette. I mean between Highmore or Patrick I'd take my chances on Patrick. 

Plus it's very possible The Flyers might consider a direct swap considering they are selling low for Patrick as well

• Cheers 1