Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] Canucks and Seattle (and beyond)


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

[proposal] Canucks and Seattle (and beyond)

 

 

1)

To Seattle:  Myers + Holtby + 9th OA

To Vancouver:  7th rounder

 

2) Canucks sign Philip Danault (5 million) and Adam Larsson (6 million)

 

3) Virtanen buyout money towards Hamonic

 

4) Edler + Sutter + Baertschi money + Eriksson minors relief money = split evenly amongst Pettersson and Hughes bridge deals.

 

5) Roussel + 2nd as sweetener for 7th rounder.  Money used to sign a cheap back goalie + #6 cheap vet right side dman

 

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Hoglander

Vesey-Danault-Podkolzin

Motte-Graovich-Highmore

 

Hughes-Larsson

Schmidt-Hamonic

Rathbone-CheapVet

 

Demko

CheapVet

 

2022 off-season:  Beagle + Eriksson money + Luongo cap penalty freed up money = used to upgrade Top 4 D + WING. (ByeByeVesey + Hamonic to 3rd pairing).

 

 

Edited by Patel Bure
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

[proposal] Canucks and Seattle (and beyond)

 

 

1)

To Seattle:  Myers + Holtby + 9th OA

To Vancouver:  7th rounder

 

2) Canucks sign Philip Danault (5 million) and Adam Larsson (6 million)

 

3) Virtanen buyout money towards Hamonic

 

4) Edler + Sutter + Baertschi money + Eriksson minors relief money = split evenly amongst Pettersson and Hughes bridge deals.

 

5) Roussel + 2nd as sweetener for 7th rounder.  Money used to sign a cheap back goalie + #6 cheap vet right side dman

 

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Hoglander

Vesey-Danault-Podkolzin

Motte-Graovich-Highmore

 

Hughes-Larsson

Schmidt-Hamonic

Rathbone-CheapVet

 

Demko

CheapVet

 

2022 off-season:  Beagle + Eriksson money = used to upgrade Top 4 D + WING. (ByeByeVesey + Hamonic to 3rd pairing).

 

 

So myers, holtby and our 1st pick for a 7th rounder. Yeah dont like that trade at all lol

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Adam Larsson is hardly an upgrade on Myers to begin with. Seattle may as well pick Holtby in the expansion draft. Makes no sense. No reason to do any of this. We can sign someone cheaper than Danault if we have the space and I don't see this off-season being the time to invest in someone long-term in FA. 

 

Yea not a fan at all of this. Makes 0 sense. 

  • Like 2
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DeltaSwede said:

Adam Larsson is hardly an upgrade on Myers to begin with. Seattle may as well pick Holtby in the expansion draft. Makes no sense. No reason to do any of this. We can sign someone cheaper than Danault if we have the space and I don't see this off-season being the time to invest in someone long-term in FA. 

 

Yea not a fan at all of this. Makes 0 sense. 

I see where you’re coming from.  Here was my line of thinking:  

 

-Although Larsson isn’t much of an upgrade over Myers, he brings a much more relevant skillset.....relevant being to our needs.  Larsson would not only be younger but he’d far more valuable on the DEFENSIVE side of things.  So unlike Myers, you could play Larsson with a guy like Hughes, and have Larsson take on the tougher defensive match-ups.   He’d basically be our Edler replacement which would be a huge thing.  After this season, Myers is likely to begin his age related decline (next season or season after), while Larsson will still have atleast 3-4 years of being at or close to his level right now.
 

-Philip Danault would be a MASSIVE upgrade over both Sutter and Gaudette and with Podkolzin about to step into the line-up, it would be important for a guy like Podkolzin to play with a center that can both drive play and  set up plays.   The last thing you want is a guy like Podkolzin, Hoglander, or Pearson playing on that 3rd line with a center that either has no hands (Sutter or Beagle), or is a complete defensive liability (what Gaudette used to be). For the first time ever, the Canucks would potentially have three legitimate scoring line threats.  With Danault here, he could also take on tough match ups to free up Horvat in his more natural role of offense.

 

 

Edited by Patel Bure
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

If we’re losing our 9th overall pick, LE and Ferland’s contracts better be going with it.

Ideally, yes, but I’ve also been told that Seattle won’t be accepting any cap dumps or dead money.   Seattle is apparently going to be extremely analytics driven and so them even accepting Myers and Holtby is a big stretch on my part.

 

Keep in mind that we wouldn’t have to target Larsson and Danault.  The bigger thing to focus on is that we’d have 10.3 million in freed up cap space with such a move.   Perhaps the Canucks could spend a bulk of that on Dougie Hamilton?  (and then spend the other 1.5-2 million on a 3rd line C).  
 

Or maybe they bring in Brandon Saad and David Savard.     Or whomever.

 

The point being that we clear cap space and become a more competitive team starting next season.

 

As far as Eriksson goes, I don’t think anyone is going to touch that contract unfortunately.  

Edited by Patel Bure
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

If we’re losing our 9th overall pick, LE and Ferland’s contracts better be going with it.

Does ferlands contract really hurt us if he just stays on Ltir?

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Patel Bure said:

Ideally, yes, but I’ve also been told that Seattle won’t be accepting any cap dumps or dead money.   Seattle is apparently going to be extremely analytics driven and so them even accepting Myers and Holtby is a big stretch on my part.

 

Keep in mind that we wouldn’t have to target Larsson and Danault.  The bigger thing to focus on is that we’d have 10.3 million in freed up cap space with such a move.   Perhaps the Canucks could spend a bulk of that on Dougie Hamilton?  (and then spend the other 1.5-2 million on a 3rd line C).  
 

Or maybe they bring in Brandon Saad and David Savard.     Or whomever.

 

The point being that we clear cap space and become a more competitive team starting next season.

 

As far as Eriksson goes, I don’t think anyone is going to touch that contract unfortunately.  

So if Seattle has come out and said they will not take dead money, why are you beating a dead horse? Detroit has said if they get assets that help the future they would consider bad money, why not work a deal with them that does not involve selling the 9th overall. I'd rather part with Juolevi/Rathbone, Lind, Gaj, Jasek, Lockwood ect than give away our 9th overall to over pay for some free agents...

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

Does ferlands contract really hurt us if he just stays on Ltir?

And if he gets cleared to play, which can come anytime, you’re stuck with the problem of having to clear cap space at likely an in opportune time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, CR7 said:

So if Seattle has come out and said they will not take dead money, why are you beating a dead horse? Detroit has said if they get assets that help the future they would consider bad money, why not work a deal with them that does not involve selling the 9th overall. I'd rather part with Juolevi/Rathbone, Lind, Gaj, Jasek, Lockwood ect than give away our 9th overall to over pay for some free agents...

Detroit has a ton of picks already (multiple ones in each round), so extra picks won’t have to same usual utility with them as they might normally would.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

And if he gets cleared to play, which can come anytime, you’re stuck with the problem of having to clear cap space at likely an in opportune time.

What if he returns to his old form?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 73 Percent said:

What if he returns to his old form?

He’s been out of action for a while.  If he’s ever cleared it’ll take probably a while for him to get into game shape.  Due to the nature of his injuries, doubt he’s done a lot of heavy physical activities.  That’s how he’s carved out a successful career, being physical.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Why do we want either of Danault or Larsson? Danault doesn't view himself as a 3C. He also wants 6 mil. Larsson is really overpaid at 6 mil as well. 

 

And we lose the 9oa for this?

 

Confused Hanna Barbera GIF by Warner Archive

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Shouldn't the Canucks take advantage of certain teams who will be facing tough cap challenges? Like Tampa, who also don't have a 1st this year.  What could VAN get back if they traded the #9, and possibly Juolevi, for example?

 

I'm not concerned with the expansion draft, other than years of being dominated by the "new team". Look at what Vegas has done. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

He’s been out of action for a while.  If he’s ever cleared it’ll take probably a while for him to get into game shape.  Due to the nature of his injuries, doubt he’s done a lot of heavy physical activities.  That’s how he’s carved out a successful career, being physical.

So IF hes cleared to play EVER and IF he is completely useless THEN  his contract is a problem for TWO seasons. 

 

 

I'm not worried haha

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Myers or Schmidt and Lind to WPG for PLD?

 

Jets fans are angry, they traded their star winger (Laine) for PLD and he has been plain bad, very underwhelming. He wasn't injured during playoffs. Is Dubois a bust? Or...?  Also, the Jets D needs help. They may be desperate to make big changes, their window is closing fast.

 

Could be a good #3C or LW, and maybe more as he develops and gets older.

 

 

Edited by NUCKER67
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...