The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks announce coaching staff updates

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

31 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Goalies take a long time to develop, and don’t get a lot in trade.  Since we already have Demko and Dipietro lined up for the next decade, it makes more sense (for future trade value) to draft the best D man or Centre at 9.  

Wallstedt may not though.

Demko for five, Mikey D and Silovs who knows?

A lot less than a decade...YOU CAT EATER :sadno:

Edited by Cat Man
A need to capitalize the disturbing habits of a feline consuming alien.
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

I didn't like it as well, but I thought that the Avalanche used it quite a bit yesterday too? 

other teams have used it as well yes but none of them look as bad as vancouvers.. they slowly coast their way to opponent side and the drop pass all the way back to their defensive zone and then the 1 guy try to weave it's way thru all 9 players that's not a goalie lol it's horrible to watch

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

How many stories did we have to endure reading this season that said Clark likes to get his deals done early and he won't wait till the end of the year to re-sign.  He will be gone. McIntyre wrote that multiple times.

The media here is scum and they undercut the fans and create a toxic environment for the players to have to deal with.

F**k the media and their lying.

Big reason, why I have not seen an intermission show for a few years now.

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is that what the video coach does?  Isn’t he more about coaching?  

Yes, the video coach tells Green to take a look if he wants to challenge or not.

Main job though is to filter footage for pre game and post-game meetings as well a videos for the coaching staff to coach players.

AKA a fancy title for a video editor that knows some hockey.

Edited by 24K PureCool
  • Thanks 1

Excellent to have more defensive help on the bench, this was a blatant need that needed to be addressed. Brown deserved to be let go, what other team uses their best and only real shooter as the down low guy on PP?? Absolute nonsense.

I do wonder who is running the PP now though.

1 minute ago, HomeBrew said:

This is pure garbage by Drance. I would be surprised he isn't sued for the trash he "reports" on. I can't speak of Clark professional today, but I've attended a few of his goaltending camps previously and he is a great guy to work with. He even let me borrow his gear when mine wasn't available. 

Isn’t Drance a Loser Leaf Lover?  He Loves his Loser Leafs, and is crushed, AGAIN, they were embarrassed.  If he is ever downtown, while Alf is about on the Alf Mobile (scooter) his toes are mine!  :mad:

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

other teams have used it as well yes but none of them look as bad as vancouvers.. they slowly coast their way to opponent side and the drop pass all the way back to their defensive zone and then the 1 guy try to weave it's way thru all 9 players that's not a goalie lol it's horrible to watch

Yesterday, I thought it looked pretty bad for Colorado as well as the Knights knew what was happening and didn't need to do anything with the initial rush as they knew the puck was heading back. Also, the Knights kept cheating towards the middle as well.

I still wish, there was a coach...who managed to take misfit teams and bring them close to the promised land or see significant success year in and year out.  Someone who could take a first year team and take them to the finals...or maybe an international team from a 0-3 deficit and win gold.

If only there was a coach available like that I am sure there'd be interest in finding him a position within the organization right?

Guys...?  Guys right?

No?  Well hey...cool...Baumgartner still though, I mean he's ummm....and then he.....but we were.....ya nm.  

Glad Brown is gone, happy Clarke is here, still wish the team would look at Gallant in some sort of serious capacity because he has that quality coaches who win seem to have and we could use that more than we could use Baumgartners rag it up the wall type defensive accumen

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I still wish, there was a coach...who managed to take misfit teams and bring them close to the promised land or see significant success year in and year out.  Someone who could take a first year team and take them to the finals...or maybe an international team from a 0-3 deficit and win gold.

If only there was a coach available like that I am sure there'd be interest in finding him a position within the organization right?

Guys...?  Guys right?

No?  Well hey...cool...Baumgartner still though, I mean he's ummm....and then he.....but we were.....ya nm.  

Glad Brown is gone, happy Clarke is here, still wish the team would look at Gallant in some sort of serious capacity because he has that quality coaches who win seem to have and we could use that more than we could use Baumgartners rag it up the wall type defensive accumen

Gallant is very likely going to get close to 5x5 from the Rangers.  Committing 25 million might be a bit much for an assistant.  

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Guys...?  Guys right?

what on earth makes you think gallant would go to van as an assistant?

• Cheers 1