Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks announce coaching staff updates

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Now that we have Clark locked up for 5 years, do we draft Wallstedt?

why would we draft a goalie we have demko holtby and dipietro  we need a good 3rd line center and 2 decent right hand shooters 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Now that we have Clark locked up for 5 years, do we draft Wallstedt?

BP you hit the nail on the head.

If Svechkof is gone then Wallstedt works.

Didn't IC create a productive goalie system for CBJ which still benefits them?

We could ride on that by choosing Wallstedt then later taking advantage of the outcome.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Baumgartner. In other words, another wasted season next year because our defensive system is so horrible. This alone should be reason enough to fire Benning and Green on the spot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Newell Brown was always revered  as a PP specialist, but, it didn't work out. I always thought they only had one look on the PP. Every team in the league new what it was. The shooters were at the half wall but to feed them you needed to make a high risk pass. Why Brown didn't have a couple of different looks is a mystery to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

why would we draft a goalie we have demko holtby and dipietro  we need a good 3rd line center and 2 decent right hand shooters 

Perhaps it is because the recently drafted player will be a few years  away from playing in the NHL; and who knows what will be the weakest spot then?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

ugh to Baumer being moved to possibly PP coach. 

 

Jason King? Really? Is he going to be better than Brown? 

 

I don't know much about Gustafson....is he going to be a good addition to the coaching staff? 

 

any one would be better than brown

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

why would we draft a goalie we have demko holtby and dipietro  we need a good 3rd line center and 2 decent right hand shooters 

Holtby's filling a spot.

Mikey D's fine. A goalie system/pipeline pays off later.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ESP77 said:

Baumgartner. In other words, another wasted season next year because our defensive system is so horrible. This alone should be reason enough to fire Benning and Green on the spot.

Oh relax. Listen to the interview. Shaw sounds like he will be the real leader on the bench 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

 

 

The "unforced error" that was never even an error.

 

 

I don’t get it. I thought the Aquilini family is going broke and had to nickel and dime the coaching staff especially Travis Green. Where did they get all this money? Are they selling powder on the street?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Shaw was successful as the defence coach in CBJ tho. I assume he will take the lead over Baumgartner.

He’s going to be Travis’ main assistant, and will manage everyone else. Ying to Travis’ yang. 

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Maddogy said:

I don’t get it. I thought the Aquilini family is going broke and had to nickel and dime the coaching staff especially Travis Green. Where did they get all this money? Are they selling powder on the street?

I thought his family is worth 3.3 billion?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Cat Man said:

Holtby's filling a spot.

Mikey D's fine. A goalie system/pipeline pays off later.

Goalies take a long time to develop, and don’t get a lot in trade.  Since we already have Demko and Dipietro lined up for the next decade, it makes more sense (for future trade value) to draft the best D man or Centre at 9.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...