The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks announce coaching staff updates

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

why would we draft a goalie we have demko holtby and dipietro  we need a good 3rd line center and 2 decent right hand shooters 

Holtby's filling a spot.

Mikey D's fine. A goalie system/pipeline pays off later.

5 minutes ago, ESP77 said:

Baumgartner. In other words, another wasted season next year because our defensive system is so horrible. This alone should be reason enough to fire Benning and Green on the spot.

Oh relax. Listen to the interview. Shaw sounds like he will be the real leader on the bench 

39 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

The "unforced error" that was never even an error.

I don’t get it. I thought the Aquilini family is going broke and had to nickel and dime the coaching staff especially Travis Green. Where did they get all this money? Are they selling powder on the street?

20 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Shaw was successful as the defence coach in CBJ tho. I assume he will take the lead over Baumgartner.

He’s going to be Travis’ main assistant, and will manage everyone else. Ying to Travis’ yang. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Maddogy said:

I don’t get it. I thought the Aquilini family is going broke and had to nickel and dime the coaching staff especially Travis Green. Where did they get all this money? Are they selling powder on the street?

I thought his family is worth 3.3 billion?

12 minutes ago, Cat Man said:

Holtby's filling a spot.

Mikey D's fine. A goalie system/pipeline pays off later.

Goalies take a long time to develop, and don’t get a lot in trade.  Since we already have Demko and Dipietro lined up for the next decade, it makes more sense (for future trade value) to draft the best D man or Centre at 9.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Goalies take a long time to develop, and don’t get a lot in trade.  Since we already have Demko and Dipietro lined up for the next decade, it makes more sense (for future trade value) to draft the best D man or Centre at 9.  

Also clarke is very very high on silvos. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, ESP77 said:

Baumgartner. In other words, another wasted season next year because our defensive system is so horrible. This alone should be reason enough to fire Benning and Green on the spot.

Baummy G is being relegated to the penalty kill going forward and will answer directly to Shaw. The overall defense strategy of the team going forward will be dictated by Shaw. So Bumgardens not being canned isn’t as bad as initially thought. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Baummy G is being relegated to the penalty kill going forward and will answer directly to Shaw. The overall defense strategy of the team going forward will be dictated by Shaw. So Bumgardens not being canned isn’t as bad as initially thought. 

Is Baumer still on the bench?