The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks announce coaching staff updates

Rate this topic

13 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

This point is the true test of how good a coach is cause it is the job of the coach/staff to maximize a roster by creating a structure that maximizes its potential despite the talent level.  For years, it seems the staff has been trying to force the players into roles rather than the staff making adjsutments to fit the given roster; I was expecting JB to be tasked with the impossible of looking for players that will fit Greens system rather than the best player.

Hopefully, the players buy in (?).

Thanks for bolding my horrible spelling mistakes.

Pretty sure to some that will make me a bad fan lol

Edited by wallstreetamigo
Lol a spelling mistake

14 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Get the puck out of our end as quick as possible. 

-Brad Shaw

Wouldn’t that be a breath of fresh air 

We were far too tentative in the defensive zone, especially with those cute little passes that could be intercepted by aggressive forwards. We victimized ourselves with how those players were used. I'm really sure we will see a night and day difference next season.

• Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1

53 minutes ago, oldnews said:

So....

Benning returns.

Green is back.

Clark is back in spite of being virtually already gone lol.

Schmidt (or whomever those reports were supposed to refer to) never requested a trade....

that's a pretty bad batting average for the smarmy drama queens.

They are such loud mouthpieces…

Best was that fire Benning rally of 7 people or whatever it was…

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I like that Baum is being moved further down the line. The defense suffered under his influence. Having a seasoned coach come in as Greenery’s :lol: sole second in command is a great idea. His approach worked wonders for St Louis and Columbus. I can see his involvement along with Travis’ have an effect on who Benning goes after. 

Didn’t catch where Baumgartner is going…

2 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

We were far too tentative in the defensive zone, especially with those cute little passes that could be intercepted by aggressive forwards. We victimized ourselves with how those players were used. I'm really sure we will see a night and day difference next season.

After to listening to that interview which by the way was very in depth. I was interested the whole 20mins. Anyways, a lot of the stuff I heard was quite the opposite of what we’ve been doing. I hear a lot of Green when he talks about hard on the puck etc but from the defensive side, doesn’t sound like we’ll be collapsing waiting for the opposition to make a mistake.

Get the puck and get it out is what I took from that

• Like 1
  • Hydration 2

7 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I just want to jump in and say it's nice to see more level-headed people around here who value civility over toxicity and ego. 

The bad apples are off working overtime to make their money back from the banner.

Okay, last time I mention the banner I promise :bigblush:

• Haha 2