Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks announce coaching staff updates

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, tas said:

I don't get the gallant obsession. he's had 3 head coaching opportunities in 20 years and hasn't lasted longer than 2.5 years in any of them. hell, even the assistant gigs in there he doesn't last more than 2 years. 

 

I think there's something wrong with him behind the scenes. 

 

but even then, what makes.you think he can be retained until there's an opportunity? wouldn't he rather go elsewhere for an opportunity now?

One has to look at the teams he had.  the 03/04 jackets were bad...like really bad, but the 02/03 were equally as bad with more porous defense.  His time in CBJ was short, his time in Flordia was marred by idiot ownership when everyone got turfed and the man in charge decided he'd be a better coach and gm than Gallant/Tallon.  Unsure what happened in Vegas but it wasn't pretty 

 

But 5 full seasons and 4 ish half seasons for a 270-215 win loss ratio mostly based on the early 2000s blue jackets and recently awful panthers is nothing to sniff at

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, tas said:

I think drance is trash, but you think maybe he's just trying not to kick a guy while he's down and putting out some positive thoughts into the cosmos about brown, hoping he lands on his feet somewhere?

 

I never understood the canuck fan mindset of turning coaches, players and executives on your own team into perceived enemies, villifying them and hoping for their failure. 

You could be right! It may very well be the case this time around. Sadly he does it a lot and this may be one of the only exceptions?! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tas said:

other than being a middle aged white man with glasses and similar hair colour I don't see much resemblance to stephen colbert, personally.

aw i just think all you white guys look the same

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Cat Man said:

Holtby's filling a spot.

Mikey D's fine. A goalie system/pipeline pays off later.

 ya we have huge holes on d and at center if we need a goalie we can draft one in 2 yrs    demko and dipietro have the nets the next ten yrs not worried bout that you pick a dman at draft and sign a decent third line center 

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

 ya we have huge holes on d and at center if we need a goalie we can draft one in 2 yrs    demko and dipietro have the nets the next ten yrs not worried bout that you pick a dman at draft and sign a decent third line center 

Dont forget we also have silvos. Ppl still wanna draft wallstead tho like cmon :picard:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, IRR said:

Read his other posts!!! Is negative a lot & contradicts himself / is wrong constantly!! Funny how most others are seeing it and you're not, but that's nothing new. 

 

Or, you can stop with your constant negative / hateful agenda re: this team! 

What his other posts are like is irrelevant.  I am talking about this specific post. There is nothing negative in it. More just a shout out for Brown. Nothing wrong with showing some appreciation to a guy who got fired.

 

I notice a poster you dont have a grudge against for other reasons said the same thing I did and your response was very different. Like you trying to extrapolate that since Drance's other posts bother you this one also must, you are bringing non related bias about me into your response.

 

You are no different than what you are whining Drance is actually.

Edited by wallstreetamigo
  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Maginator said:

I cant wait for the rest of this off-season. I'm optimistic for once!

I amcautiously optimistic. Definitely dont want to see the EP and Hughes deals dragging on though. Would rather Benning have a clear idea ahead of the draft what cap he has to work with to avoid panic signings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

What his other posts are like is irrelevant.  I am talking about this specific post. There is nothing negative in it. More just a shout out for Brown. Nothing wrong with showing some appreciation to a guy who got fired.

 

I notice a poster you dont have a grudge against for other reasons said the same thing I did and your response was very different. Like you trying to extrapolate that since Drance's other posts bother you this one also must, you are bringing non related bias about me into your response.

 

You are no different than what you are whining Drance is actually.

Because, unless the tweet strictly support for him as a friend, he's full of s***. Because if the Canucks had kept him, 100% that Dance would have said bad pp, bad job by him and that the Canucks didn't make the necessary changes. He's done this type of stuff over & over. But, they did make the necessary changes and all of a sudden he's this great coach. 

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, IRR said:

Because, unless the tweet strictly support for him as a friend, he's full of s***. Because if the Canucks had kept him, 100% that Dance would have said bad pp, bad job by him and that the Canucks didn't make the necessary changes. He's done this type of stuff over & over. But, they did make the necessary changes and all of a sudden he's this great coach. 

Thats just your bias though. You have no actual evidence Drance would have done anything. He might have, who knows? But you claiming you know for a fact he would and then use that assumption to attack what was a pretty inconsequential statement is just you hating on Drance. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, IRR said:

Read his other posts!!! Is negative a lot & contradicts himself / is wrong constantly!! Funny how most others are seeing it and you're not, but that's nothing new. 

 

Or, you can stop with your constant negative / hateful agenda re: this team! 

Saying Drance's statement about Brown is not some shot at Benning or the team isnt me hating on the team either. Its simply seeing what is right there minus the bias.

 

Drance says a lot of stupid things. This wasnt one of them though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...