The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks announce coaching staff updates

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Thats just your bias though. You have no actual evidence Drance would have done anything. He might have, who knows? But you claiming you know for a fact he would and then use that assumption to attack what was a pretty inconsequential statement is just you hating on Drance. 

As many have mentioned (not just my bias), he's constantly done that, so you can believe what you want. When someone has a track record of doing something, it's for a reason. 

3 minutes ago, IRR said:

As many have mentioned (not just my bias), he's constantly done that, so you can believe what you want. When someone has a track record of doing something, it's for a reason. 

So you would agree then that its also fair for people to criticize Benning for his long track record of bad UFA signings, terrible cap management, trading picks and prospects for ineffective tweeners, losing good executives, etc and extrapolate from that to suggest everything he does is going to be garbage?

I havent seen many people jump on this statement about Brown from Drance as some horrifying attack on the team. Just the usual people who view anything said as some attack on Benning.

Edited by wallstreetamigo

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

So you would agree then that its also fair for people to criticize Benning for his long track record of bad UFA signings, terrible cap management, trading picks and prospects for ineffective tweeners, losing good executives, etc and extrapolate from that to suggest everything he does is going to be garbage?

I've heard Drance on the radio multiple times going on about needing changes / about the coaching staff (negatively)...so again, unless it's strictly support for a friend, he's full of s*** and has been many times and many of us see it. 

I've told you a million times, it's not what people are doing, it's how they're doing...pretty simple, yeah! Criticism is fine, but it's all the other stuff beyond that...and i'm (and i'm sure others) aren't going to keep explaining these things to you over and over again! 

• Like 1
  • Hydration 2

Just now, IRR said:

I've heard Drance on the radio multiple times going on about needing changes / about the coaching staff (negatively)...so again, unless it's strictly support for a friend, he's full of s*** and has been many times and many of us see it. 

I've told you a million times, it's not what people are doing, it's how they're doing...pretty simple, yeah! Criticism is fine, but it's all the other stuff beyond that...and i'm (and i'm sure others) aren't going to keep explaining these things to you over and over again! 

Drance picks and chooses analytics to support his current agenda.  And his current agenda is to say wonderful things about the Dubas Leafs and bad things about the Benning Canucks.  

• Like 1
  • Hydration 3

That was a good interview Shaw gave on 650.  It's great that Green took the initiative in this move and wants a different perspective on the staff, someone who has the stature to challenge him even.  Hopefully this brings the right mix of change and continuity.  I'm not going to sweat over retaining Baumgartner because I don't see him as being responsible for designing our substandard defensive system over the last 4 years.  That came from Green but Shaw will likely sit down with him and overhaul it for next year.  So we'll be getting some much needed changes after all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IRR said:

It is possible to believe that Brown needed to go and was ineffective and still believe he is a good coach who can help another team.

Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

It is possible to believe that Brown needed to go and was ineffective and still believe he is a good coach who can help another team.

I don't disagree with that, but that's not how things get portrayed on the media front a majority of the time. 

3 minutes ago, IRR said:

I don't disagree with that, but that's not how things get portrayed on the media front a majority of the time. 

Which has nothing to do with the point I was making. Which is that this particular comment by Drance is not presented as negative toeard the team at all.

12 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

There are currently 4 head coaching vacancies right now.

- Seattle

- Columbus

- Rangers

- Arizona

I'd be curious what happens to Gallant. Because the only team that has interviewed him is New York.

Foreverblueshirts.com said the interview went well. But New York has 3-4 other candidates to interview. 

But that was back on May 15th. 

Doesn't look like anyone is tripping over themselves to hire Gallant. 

this is wild, baseless conjecture on my part, but imo the guy has the face of someone who pounds the liquor. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, The Lock said:

To all the people who were panicking about Ian Clark. I ask what I asked when I was arguing against you guys: why needlessly panic? ;)

People were associating past events like letting Brackett and our free agents walk with this.

The biggest factor in all of this was that it seems like Clarke really wants to be here.

I was worried there would be a team that came in and offered him an amount we couldn’t come close to matching. 

Edited by DeNiro

20 minutes ago, The Lock said:

To all the people who were panicking about Ian Clark. I ask what I asked when I was arguing against you guys: why needlessly panic? ;)

There is a difference between panicking and being concerned based on past history. To me it seemed like it could go either way with Clark. 

7 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

There is a difference between panicking and being concerned based on past history. To me it seemed like it could go either way with Clark. 

I think when Demko voiced his support for Clark, it was going to get done. 

1 hour ago, wallstreetamigo said:

What his other posts are like is irrelevant.  I am talking about this specific post. There is nothing negative in it. More just a shout out for Brown. Nothing wrong with showing some appreciation to a guy who got fired.

I notice a poster you dont have a grudge against for other reasons said the same thing I did and your response was very different. Like you trying to extrapolate that since Drance's other posts bother you this one also must, you are bringing non related bias about me into your response.

You are no different than what you are whining Drance is actually.

If you read between the lines of drance post like a lot of his other posts and athletic article which I subscribe too, he might be praising brown but he is also insinuating jb made a bad choice by no re-signing him.

This is the issue I have with drance. 

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I don't get it either. 

Do these people never leave the house out of fear of being hit by a bus or struck by lightning as well?

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1