The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks announce coaching staff updates

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

No clue. But its a known problem in sports. No team is immune to it.

well, sure, but it's not like you can't assemble a team of standup dudes who aren't partiers. go down the roster ... other than jake, I can't see a single guy who would be that type. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

No clue. But its a known problem in sports. No team is immune to it.

Please don't do that....a known problem in sports does not equate to the Canucks participating.  Not sure why you'd go down that path?

It's really irresponsible and irrelevant to tie them into something that you have no idea about.

1 minute ago, tas said:

well, sure, but it's not like you can't assemble a team of standup dudes who aren't partiers. go down the roster ... other than jake, I can't see a single guy who would be that type. 

The reality is you dont actually know them though. 

Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

I hate the speculation that a widespread problem in sports cannot possibly impact the Canucks. 

it certainly could impact the canucks, and with previous incarnations of the roster I'm sure it HAS impacted the canucks (kassian, anyone?). but this roster is pretty squeaky clean. 

I hate the speculation that a widespread problem in sports cannot possibly impact the Canucks. 

That's called rumour mongering...don't do it.

The reality is YOU don't know them either.  Yet you're making some pretty bold statements here and it's really not appropriate or appreciated.

The reality is you dont actually know them though. 

of course not. but I'm also a good judge of character and I'm easily able to sort through "canned personality for the camera" vs genuine personality. 

3 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

10. You will respect the personal privacy of players/management(past and present) and their families.

Discussions about players or management that have nothing to do with hockey ... are strongly discouraged.

5 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

So, you also strongly discourage the guy I was responding to who disparaged Virtanen, right?

I must have missed the mod threat on him.

I did not name a specific player or yalk about any specific players. So how I am disrespecting anyone's personal privacy is certainly a question I would have for you.

Edited by wallstreetamigo

2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

So someone can say with complete speculation that no one on the Canucks would ever participate in something like that but someone cant say that its certainly possible some do?

Thats not rumor mongering. Its a common sense opinion based on a widespread sports problem.

Still on here all day every day stirring up s*** i see. Still havn't located that thing called outside?! 

You're calling them out for this, but you're doing the exact same thing, but from the flip side! 

You really are a joke!!

• Thanks 2

So, you also strongly discourage the guy I was responding to who disparaged Virtanen, right?

Strike two.  Don't worry about what I'm doing, focus on what you're doing.

If you have an issue with a moderator's actions, need clarification on a moderator's decision, or want to make a suggestion please private message a moderator or administrator.

There was no "mod threat" and I actually could have just warned you but afforded you the luxury of a friendly reminder.  So get back on topic.

• RoughGame 1

14 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Please don't do that....a known problem in sports does not equate to the Canucks participating.  Not sure why you'd go down that path?

It's really irresponsible and irrelevant to tie them into something that you have no idea about.

He's just projecting. 

8 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I did not name a specific player or yalk about any specific players. So how I am disrespecting anyone's personal privacy is certainly a question I would have for you.

you really can't see the difference between "I would be shocked if any of them did this, with the possible exception of virtanen" (as in I wouldn't be as shocked to find out jake did it, not suggesting that jake might be a cokehead) and you stating that you guarantee some players on the canucks use cocaine. you REALLY think those are equivalent?

edit: sorry @debluvscanucks I'm done now. 

Edited by tas
  • Hydration 2