The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks announce coaching staff updates

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Brad Shaw is a quality signing, he has had a great track record with young defensemen in this league.

very happy with this

Bold move GMJB, bold move indeed :P

Edited by GarthButcher5
  • Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

The Shaw signing is a huge win and exactly what we need at the right time for our D to take the next step forward.

Shaw had a hand in developing Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk. and Parayko in  St. Louis and then proved himself well these past few seasons in Columbus with the Blue Jackets.

Great signing at the right time. 

Maybe he's joined at the hip to SETH JONES?! :^)

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, awalk said:

I haven't been keeping up to date on the rules, and not sure if Shaw was fired recently but he is listed as assistant coach for Columbus on a quick google search. Does this mean Canucks will have to give up a draft pick for hiring him?

I am pretty sure they did away with that rule shortly after the Canucks benefited from it after Columbus gave up a second when they hired Torts.. 

For once the Canucks actially scored one from the rule books.....

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

Special assignment coach ...... finding an apartment for Mr & Mrs Podz ..... walking Bo's dog ..... organizing a unicycle-juggling face off between Hogz and Petey.  Those sorts of things

:lol:... Thanks made my day...

Edited by spook007

12 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Do you think he applied that same principle with the 2020 Canucks and the PP personnel felt a little stagefright at times?

Yeah, coaches don't change philosophies that easily. I mean look at Torts. 

I think pp personal given their age might be a bit hesitant at times and default to the base philosophy of the pp Brown laid out instead of prior Canucks that use Brown's fondation as a jumping off point. 

• Vintage 1

Just realized I haven’t even commented on Ian Clark returning. I guess I just viewed it as a fait accompli, based on the chatter these past weeks.

But obviously, I’m thrilled to have Clarky returning on a long term extension. Mostly because of how good he is at his job, and wanting the team to continue to have arguable the best goaltending coaching staff in the NHL, but also because I don’t have to go on a rampage now, posting about how much management and ownership screwed up (that post was definitely “in the chamber” and ready to fire, had things gone differently ;)).

• Thanks 1