The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen update

Rate this topic

Bertuzzipunch

1 hour ago, Arrow 1983 said:

It is not that common as you think. Most wealth people understand that getting blood from a stone is impossible so is getting money from some poor 21 year old unless her family comes from money and even than it's not her money. This is a play by her lawyer telling her side that this is going to court and when it does she won't be able to stay anonymous.

Which is interesting in itself. Why does she what to remain anonymous does she come from wealth does she have her own reputation to protect. A poor person usually doesn't care especially if it did happen. But some one who has a reputation that's is trying to black mail a hockey player would want to stay anonymous. If I were JV lawyer I would want to get her out in the open. She had one shot to fire it might have wounded JV but it didn't kill him

Now it is JVs turn to fire a shot in this game I think JV has more than one to fire. His response and denial was one. Second any messages between them that may provided implied intent or even prior consent.

Third her wanting to stay anonymous. She was 18 at the time that is not a minor in this province if it goes to court her name will be revealed.

In the UK they have the right to remain anonymous and so to me I understand and don’t cast judgement based on that.

and it is a common tactic seen, the purpose isn’t to get the money from an accuser but to make the threat of a failed he said/she said be ruinious so that the accuser comes to the table to discuss settlements rather than have their day in court. 

something like this should be conducted between lawyers and the courts,  not the court of public opinion - what ‘shots’ either of them fire is irrelevant in the grand scheme. This isn’t some reality tv show with drama from one side to the other. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

If the Canucks are somehow able to unload Jake The Ripper onto some American team before his trial and thereafter he is sentenced to prison, does anyone know if he can serve his prison sentence down in an American jail or will he have to come back to Canada to serve out his prison sentence here?

...it would be in canada. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, tas said:

in the sense that i watched all those games and he was just as invisible as he always has been. 

I haven't looked into it, but I'd be curious to see how many of those goals were of the "meaningless" variety ... empty netters, 5th goal in a 5-1 win, etc. 

If you watched all the games you would’ve known that Jake scored 6 GWGs. Jake lead the team in game winning goals that season. So not the meaningless empty netters you claimed they were when watching all those games.

4BA6916F-8827-4671-9CE9-1DC259836C05.jpeg

• Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

If you watched all the games you would’ve known that Jake scored 6 GWGs. Jake lead the team in game winning goals that season. So not the meaningless empty netters you claimed they were when watching all those games.

what about the other dozen?

and fyi, getting credited with the gwg when you score the 2nd goal in a 5-1 win isn't exactly all that impactful, either. 

edit: also worth mentioning, other than that weird outlier season, jake has only 4 other gwg in his career and no more than 1 in any other season, and has never scored a gtg. 

Edited by tas

9 hours ago, Patel Bure said:

That also begs the question right?  If she has a legit case, then why hasn’t SHE made these messages on Social media public?  

ya it seems like she was pissed he dudnt call her back and wanted some cash and to ruin his reputation if its true i hope they throw the book at her 

• Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 4

33 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

ya it seems like she was pissed he dudnt call her back and wanted some cash and to ruin his reputation if its true i hope they throw the book at her 

So because she doesn’t post the messages in the court of public opinion for everyone’s entertainment than she must be guilty right ....

• Cheers 1

18 hours ago, Saved_by_Jesus said:

What would Virtanen counter-sue her for?  You can't sue someone for defamation based on things they say in court/lawsuit.

Maybe because her intention was to put it out there in an interview without going to the proper authorities first? Did she ever intend to go to the police, would be the question. They didn't get involved until this broke on social media. 

But we'll just have to wait and see.

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

So because she doesn’t post the messages in the court of public opinion for everyone’s entertainment than she must be guilty right ....

ya and jake must be guilty because  she said he did it to right ... 

in all reality its a attempted cash grab guess we will find out soon enough

• Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 2

1 hour ago, EP Phone Home said:

Where’s superstar freegoal Eriksson???

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, tas said:

what about the other dozen?

and fyi, getting credited with the gwg when you score the 2nd goal in a 5-1 win isn't exactly all that impactful, either. 

edit: also worth mentioning, other than that weird outlier season, jake has only 4 other gwg in his career and no more than 1 in any other season, and has never scored a gtg. 

you have the worst takes bud  i get u dont like jake but 6 game winners are clutch  otherwise u come off looking stupid 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

you have the worst takes bud  i get u dont like jake but 6 game winners are clutch  otherwise u come off looking stupid 

problem is too many fly-by's and floating between those goals. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

Sexual harassment kind of overshadows GWGs….

13 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

you think, hypothetically, scoring the second goal in a 7-1 blowout makes him clutch?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, canuktravella said:

What an embarrassment of a comment. Give your head a shake travella...

• Cheers 3

My dad once asked him if there were ever days where he hated going to work, and of course, he gave the generic "oh no, I love playing for Vancouver... it's an honour and privilege to be able to play for my hometown team"... Then my dad said something along the lines of "no, come on.... everyone has days where they hate having to go to work. There are days where we have crazy people coming into my workplace and we have to deal with them. Are there certain games you hate having to play?" And Jake replied, "oh, well when we play against big physical teams like the Bruins, those are games that I don't like getting up for." So, there goes that urban legend that so many people wanted to believe, in that he's the kind of player that'll show up in the playoffs...

He's a dud. And I know of another "incident" during the training camp where he was basically gifted a roster spot (heard through a personal source).

It's too bad, really. What a waste of a career and potential. Guy's in a serious world of trouble. 

Edited by Herberts Vasiljevs
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

ya and jake must be guilty because  she said he did it to right ... 

in all reality its a attempted cash grab guess we will find out soon enough

So because I say don’t pass judgement on her it means I must be saying Jakes guilty. 

Your takes are just horrendous, must be nice to live in such a clear cut binary world 

12 hours ago, canuktravella said:

he scored 18 the yr before with 18 apples im pretty sure hes better at hockey that most people 

Aren't you the guy that thought Dane Fox was going to be a star in the NHL?  Yah, I'll take what you say real seriously.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

My dad once asked him if there were ever days where he hated going to work, and of course, he gave the generic "oh no, I love playing for Vancouver... it's an honour and privilege to be able to play for my hometown team"... Then my dad said something along the lines of "no, come on.... everyone has days where they hate having to go to work. There are days where we have crazy people coming into my workplace and we have to deal with them. Are there certain games you hate having to play?" And Jake replied, "oh, well when we play against big physical teams like the Bruins, those are games that I don't like getting up for." So, there goes that urban legend that so many people wanted to believe, in that he's the kind of player that'll show up in the playoffs...

He's a dud. And I know of another "incident" during the training camp where he was basically gifted a roster spot (heard through a personal source).

It's too bad, really. What a waste of a career and potential. Guy's in a serious world of trouble. 

The absolute worst part is, out of the small group of low life's defending him now, the majority of those people would have been hating on Jake based off his play this last year. They changed their tune litterally because of the situation. Meaning to their core they are fundamentally vile people who will defend someone being accused of sexual assult based strictly off the fact he's being accused of sexual assult. 

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

The absolute worst part is, out of the small group of low life's defending him now, the majority of those people would have been hating on Jake based off his play this last year. They changed their tune litterally because of the situation. Meaning to their core they are fundamentally vile people who will defend someone being accused of sexual assult based strictly off the fact he's being accused of sexual assult. 

Yes. I also hate the 'moral police' crew who come in and openly accuse anyone who DOESN'T outright call Jake a rapist as being a rapist, or some kind of sympathizer to them.

Found these people that you and I described on Twitter - and it's terrible.

Edited by Dazzle