The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen update

Rate this topic

Bertuzzipunch

25 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

most nhlers are cocky i met pavel and his brother in kelowna they were asshole i met craig anderson and ronning also assholes  but jovo was  the nicest guy    jakes always beennoce in interviews amd always smiling amd looks like a good teammate but ya could ve different behind the scenes

People tend to often mirror their counter part in a conversation. Based off how you have conducted yourself in this thread, paired with so many people tending to be rude to you... Maybe it's time to take a look in the mirror.

31 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

most nhlers are cocky i met pavel and his brother in kelowna they were asshole i met craig anderson and ronning also assholes  but jovo was  the nicest guy    jakes always beennoce in interviews amd always smiling amd looks like a good teammate but ya could ve different behind the scenes

Not everyone can be like Keanu Reeves.

when I say this, I just meant Reeves is an absolute angel and gentlemen with fans. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sassbs said:

I feel they will use this as an excuse to break his contract and walk away just like how kings did with mike Richards with blow.

or he will be dealt 

Don’t forget the Kings went though this also with Voynov and his domestic abuse case. Teams don’t have a choice. It’s mandated to have players removed from active play while investigations like this go on. 

If player’s actions are proven to be a breach of contract then so be it, his contract will be terminated, regardless of outcome with any criminal one. A civil process, which applies to contract law, only requires slightly higher than 50% proof (the criminal standard is beyond a reasonable doubt; in simple terms to be at around 99% proof).

• Cheers 1

59 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

This is called stereotyping.  "NHL'ers" are humans and they all differ.

Not sure why we have to do these character assessments (assassinations?) in here?  

well 4 out of 5 i met are cocky assholes soo maybe the shoe fits

16 hours ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Would be interesting seeing him on a line with podz and whoever plays center for us this year. Maybe if he sees someone working harder than him he would elevate his game?

just kidding he wouldnt lol

No - you've got a point there. A 3rd line of Podz - Miller - Virtanen might be awesome.

Edited by Googlie

30 minutes ago, Googlie said:

No - you've got a point there. A 3rd line of Podz - Miller - Virtanen might be awesome.

I’m not so convinced. Virtanen would be the anchor on that line 

49 minutes ago, Googlie said:

18 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I’m not so convinced. Virtanen would be the anchor on that line 

Lazy Jake will never dawn a Canucks uniform again.   He's "tainted goods" now - even if he is exonerated or not sent to prison.    It's bad PR for the organization to have an accused rapist on the team - innocent or not.  My prediction is Uncle Jim will try to unload him (and maybe he gets lucky) but likely he'll just be bought out.   No matter which, he's done in this city and it will be a huge disappointment in the end for all Canuck fans to see what a disaster this guy became after looking so promising in the beginning.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, shayster007 said:

People tend to often mirror their counter part in a conversation. Based off how you have conducted yourself in this thread, paired with so many people tending to be rude to you... Maybe it's time to take a look in the mirror.

Nobody needs to prove to you how good of a person they are. Also nobody needs a lecture from you on how to be a better person. Personally i have real good reasons not to believe all women and how easy it is to manipulate stats when some women will yell rape if a man says hello to them or even hold a door open for them. This entire thing stinks from both sides.

2 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Nobody needs to prove to you how good of a person they are. Also nobody needs a lecture from you on how to be a better person. Personally i have real good reasons not to believe all women and how easy it is to manipulate stats when some women will yell rape if a man says hello to them or even hold a door open for them. This entire thing stinks from both sides.

neither of those things have ever happened. don't be a meathead. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

In turn, your response offers little more than an excuse for taking sides prematurely.

All women aren't to be believed because of your experience with some women?  That's pretty weak.

"Some women will yell rape" and "some men will rape".  There's an in between there that we're waiting to find out about before rushing to judgement.  

Im all for waiting for judgement like i said i have my own person reasons not to believe her and honestly i dont have to. I dont know her or jake why should i believe either of them.

• Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Nobody needs to try to prove anything. People in this thread have already demonstrated their quality to me. You included.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

• -DLC- locked this topic