The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen update

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, bree2 said:

so how do you know this? are you his best friend? look a lot of us don't care for Jake because he is a lazy hockey player, but come on, you can't go and blame him for rape with no proof right now. it is a case of he said, she said right now. i don't like Jake the player, Jake the person, i don't know, i am just going to wait until all the facts are in.

Yes, I agree, lets assume "JAKE THE RIPPER" is innocent until proven guilty.  He's got a perfectly good alibi too !.

Proven Guilty Quote | Quote Number 677546 | Picture Quotes    Everything Funny — | Funny dogs, Funny animals, Dog shaming

21 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

You didn't offend me. You pissed me off. Don't apologize to me, you should be apologizing for someone in your life that has experienced some sort of sexual assult. 1 in 5 woman experience sexual assult in their life time. Meaning you, me, and everyone else on this board has most likely had a loved one who is a survivor of sexual assult in some shape.

If you are truely sorry, get informed. If you just apologized to me and don't now spend the time to spend at least a few minutes to get informed on the subject, you aren't sorry and your words have no meaning. 

Here are some resources for you to become better informed so you don't say something so stupid again.

https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/rp-pr/jr/jf-pf/2019/apr01.html

https://www.nsvrc.org/about-sexual-assault

https://canadianwomen.org/the-facts/sexual-assault-harassment/

https://1in6.org/get-information/the-1-in-6-statistic/

Fair enough and I had a look at those links.   Now having said that, I think we do have to consider the other side of the coin unfortunately, in that, it is entirely possible for someone to go after someone looking for a payday.  It happens.  Look no further than Pat Kane’s situation.  Kobe Bryant was also unfairly targetted.

So yes, with respect to your post, Virtanen should absolutely be punished severely if he is found guilty.  By the same token, Virtanen should file a counter lawsuit against this woman if it’s proven that this whole thing was fabricated.

Edited by Patel Bure
17 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

You didn't offend me. You pissed me off. Don't apologize to me, you should be apologizing for someone in your life that has experienced some sort of sexual assult. 1 in 5 woman experience sexual assult in their life time. Meaning you, me, and everyone else on this board has most likely had a loved one who is a survivor of sexual assult in some shape.

If you are truely sorry, get informed. If you just apologized to me and don't now spend the time to spend at least a few minutes to get informed on the subject, you aren't sorry and your words have no meaning. 

Here are some resources for you to become better informed so you don't say something so stupid again.

https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/rp-pr/jr/jf-pf/2019/apr01.html

https://www.nsvrc.org/about-sexual-assault

https://canadianwomen.org/the-facts/sexual-assault-harassment/

https://1in6.org/get-information/the-1-in-6-statistic/

Do you have info and links on men that have been accused by a woman that was lying and have had their lives ruined by it?

• Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, tas said:

I would argue that the "20 goal pace" was a mirage ... I mean, sure, technically it's true, but it was also just about the least effective "20 goal pace" season I can think of. 

In what way?   The guy barely got any PP time and produced most of his goals on the 3rd line.  18 goals and 18 assists in 69 games with 3rd line minutes and minimal PP time.  

Just now, Patel Bure said:

In what way?   The guy barely got any PP time and produced most of his goals on the 3rd line.  18 goals and 18 assists in 69 games with 3rd line minutes and minimal PP time.  

in the sense that i watched all those games and he was just as invisible as he always has been. 

I haven't looked into it, but I'd be curious to see how many of those goals were of the "meaningless" variety ... empty netters, 5th goal in a 5-1 win, etc. 

13 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Do you have info and links on men that have been accused by a woman that was lying and have had their lives ruined by it?

https://www.thecut.com/article/false-rape-accusations.html

0.5 percent of all rapes would be classified as a false alligation in accordance to this report. Some other reports have that number between 2 to 7.8 percent, so even at the worst case scenario we are looking at 92.2 percent of sexual assaults reported are not a false alligation. Further more CNN itself reports “Research shows that rates of false reporting are frequently inflated, in part because of inconsistent definitions and protocols,” 

That's not even touching the fact that it's reported anywhere roughly 80 percent of sexual assaults are never reported at all.

But hey, at least the man who has had 25 woman accusing him of sexual assult since the 70s thinks your on to something...

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/03/health/sexual-assault-false-reports/index.html

Edited by shayster007
  • Hydration 1
3 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

https://www.thecut.com/article/false-rape-accusations.html

0.5 percent of all rapes would be classified as a false alligation in accordance to this report. Some other reports have that number between 2 to 7.8 percent, so even at the worst case scenario we are looking at 92.2 percent of sexual assaults reported are not a false alligation. Further more CNN itself reports “Research shows that rates of false reporting are frequently inflated, in part because of inconsistent definitions and protocols,” 

That's not even touching the fact that it's reported anywhere roughly 80 percent of sexual assaults are never reported at all.

But hey, at least the man who has had 25 woman accusing him of sexual assult since the 70s thinks your on to something...

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/03/health/sexual-assault-false-reports/index.html

Yeah i dont really consider CNN a legitimate source

• RoughGame 2
Just now, Bertuzzipunch said:

Yeah i dont really consider CNN a legitimate source

That's fine. I don't consider your opinion on this subject worth anything at all either. 

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

I don't want to get into the insanity of why Uncle Jim signed 4-point Lazy Jake over 44-point TT (for just $1.5M diff) but let's get real here.  Lazy Jake was actually tied with some goalies - who got as many points as him !  That about says it all !

Face it - he is a washed out "Draft Bust" and will thankfully never wear a Canucks jersey again - even if he stays out of prison.  Should've been traded last year, but Jimmy boy desperately tried to hang on to him to avoid smearing his twitter reputation as draft god and admit another obvious failure picking him.   He's gonna do the same with Yo-Levi and hang on to him come hell or high water or until he's fired next year.   Whichever comes first.

1 minute ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Ditto mr white knight

My opinion is rape is bad and have used only statics as a form to provide information on the subject. You think my opinion of rape is bad as "not worth anything". That says everything I need to know about you as a human.

3 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Ditto mr white knight

using moronic internet buzzwords like that automatically invalidates your argument. 

• Hydration 2
Just now, shayster007 said:

My opinion is rape is bad and have used only statics as a form to provide information on the subject. You think my opinion of rape is bad as "not worth anything". That says everything I need to know about you as a human.

and I obviously said rape is good? Hmm 

Sorry if i want to wait for the facts to come out instead of already making a judgement already on jake.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I don't want to get into the insanity of why Uncle Jim signed 4-point Lazy Jake over 44-point TT (for just $1.5M diff) but let's get real here.  Lazy Jake was actually tied with some goalies - who got as many points as him !  That about says it all !

Face it - he is a washed out "Draft Bust" and will thankfully never wear a Canucks jersey again - even if he stays out of prison.  Should've been traded last year, but Jimmy boy desperately tried to hang on to him to avoid smearing his twitter reputation as draft god and admit another obvious failure picking him.   He's gonna do the same with Yo-Levi and hang on to him come hell or high water or until he's fired next year.   Whichever comes first.

Agreed about the error in seemingly choosing Jake over Toffoli (if that’s what it came down to), but my argument is that Jake is much better than what he showed this past season, and that his 20 goal pace from 19-20 was a more accurate reflection of his abilities.   Why?  Because - Covid affects everyone differently in terms of mental health.  Covid fatigue is a real thing, and not all atheletes have the introverted mental toughness and intensity that a Jonathan Toews or a Bo Horvat may have.   

You might be right that Virtanen is a bust, but I’d really be interested in seeing how he performs in a post Covid world in which he can have a social life outside of hockey once again.   

3 minutes ago, tas said:

using moronic internet buzzwords like that automatically invalidates your argument. 

Water off a ducks back. If someone calls me a "white knight" while trying to provide information on sexual assult, it's honestly a compliment coming from a disgusting human.

1 minute ago, shayster007 said:

Water off a ducks back. If someone calls me a "white knight" while trying to provide information on sexual assult, it's honestly a compliment coming from a disgusting human.

Go cry

5 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

it just grinds me when someone demonstrates a complete inability to think for themselves.

social media is the bane of my existence.

• Upvote 1
Just now, tas said:

it just grinds me when someone demonstrates a complete inability to think for themselves.

social media is the bane of my existence.

It's really difficult at times because it can make the world look evil. But I truely don't believe the overwhelming majority of people are evil or bad by nature. Some people just don't have the intellectual compacity to take information objectively and form an educated opinion on the subject. I also think that being behind a screen makes people more confident then they ever would be in real life. That extra confidence paired with limited intelligence can make people seem much worse then they are on social media. It's a difficult time we live in in regards to communication.

At least, that's what I have to tell myself.

• -DLC- locked this topic