The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hart Memorial Trophy finalists unveiled

Rate this topic

2021 Hart Memorial Trophy  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Hart Memorial Trophy?

• Nathan MacKinnon
    • Auston Matthews
    • Connor McDavid

This poll is closed to new votes

McDavid is the best player in the game and deserves the award hands down.

Having said that, I would choose MacKinnon over McDavid on my team if given the choice.  

Why?

Because - MacKinnon is 95-98% as good as McDavid and yet doesn’t even earn 55% of what he does.  

23 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Should be MacKinnon but it'll be McDavid. Nothing sells awards better than ragdolling the worst team in the league 9 times and then playing the Covid Canucks 10 times. 

Can't forget that MacKinnon lead his team to the President's trophy in a much more stacked division.

Edmonton never played Buffalo.

1 hour ago, Patel Bure said:

McDavid is the best player in the game and deserves the award hands down.

Having said that, I would choose MacKinnon over McDavid on my team if given the choice.  

Why?

Because - MacKinnon is 95-98% as good as McDavid and yet doesn’t even earn 55% of what he does.  

I would agree with this. I would prefer MacKinnon simply for his playoff play. His regular season play is still excellent.

That said, as you said, McDavid deserves this award since it doesn't at all consider playoff play.

• Cheers 1

The Hart is becoming a bit of a joke.

They have the Art Ross for a reason. Points aren’t the only thing to be considered when voting for the Hart.

Mackinnon having 35 less points doesn’t mean he didn’t contribute more to his teams overall success. How is it fair if one team is way more offensive or has a way better powerplay?

I think it should be a combination of all stats that are considered for this award.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1