The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cheering for the Montreal Canadiens

Rate this topic

Me_

Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

Can't stand the Habs....especially can't stand Habs fans....bragging about all those championships....back when there were six teams...

Firmly on the Islanders bandwagon and if they lose, then whoever is still playing, except Montreal...

Beats listening to Oilers fans. 

9 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Can't stand the Habs....especially can't stand Habs fans....bragging about all those championships....back when there were six teams...

Firmly on the Islanders bandwagon and if they lose, then whoever is still playing, except Montreal...

when they come in to Rogers and sing their little ole song I want to hurl my poutine. 

I hate the Habs too but I am cheering for them to win the Cup because of one person and one person only...

How many other players in Canucks history bled for our team as much as this guy?  How many former Canucks players came from nowhere, playing roller hockey, to playing with the Sedin twins and almost making history for us?  How many former Canucks players slayed the Dragon?  

We will never forget you Alex...

44 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

when they come in to Rogers and sing their little ole song I want to hurl my poutine. 

i dont really care for there fans much, but i do like Price, weber, gallagher and that suzuki kids been growing on me, cant forget tofu lol also wish we signed edmundson.

1 minute ago, TNucks1 said:

i dont really care for there fans much, but i do like Price, weber, gallagher and that suzuki kids been growing on me, cant forget tofu lol also wish we signed edmundson.

I like all those guys too. Its an internal battle between liking those guys and not liking the team overall for me :lol:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I like all those guys too. Its an internal battle between liking those guys and not liking the team overall for me :lol:

KK needs to wear a paper bag over his head, his face bugs me lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

As the resident Montreal fan I can assure you that I’ve never fallen back on the past cup brag.  Those cups are meaningless today.  That said,  it’s definitely something a lot of fans hang their hats on. 

• Cheers 1

I am an "anything but Montreal and Philly fan"

Too much flopping by the Canadiens and cheap tactics. Philly.... Well what fan base poors a perfectly fine $10 beer on other teams and that superbowl celebration

Out of the teams remaining I'll join the  Tampa bandwagon since they play a high speed and skill game

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Not many Oiler fans where I live...

....but the Habs fans are like roaches....

Leaf fans are worse.

And I still have 80's trauma of having the Canucks be the doormats of the Smythe Division. And seeing almost every record Gretzky holds is against the Canucks. 

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Leaf fans are worse.

And I still have 80's trauma of having the Canucks be the doormats of the Smythe Division. And seeing almost every record Gretzky holds is against the Canucks. 

Meh. All time leading scorer...playing in the same division his whole career....not really a surprise....

Leafs fans are nowhere near as bad in my experience....they all remember what happened in '94....

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Meh. All time leading scorer...playing in the same division his whole career....not really a surprise....

Leafs fans are nowhere near as bad in my experience....they all remember what happened in '94....

Problem is we're too close to Alberta. And people move here from Toronto. :)