The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SCSF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs. (4) Montreal Canadiens | Canadiens win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2021 Stanley Cup Semifinals  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Golden Knights in 4
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7
    • Canadiens in 4
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/17/2021 at 01:00 AM

10 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

&^@# Vegas. Being a longsuffering fan of a team who's never won, the last thing I want to see is some spoiled American team who got preferential expansion treatment coming in an winning within their first four seasons. 

Imagine if Vegas wins this year and the Kraken next year, followed by Toronto and Buffalo just to make us the worst all on our own.

• Haha 1

Screw Vegas. They have had everything gifted to them on a silver platter. 

Dont get me wrong i hate montreal as well, but at least their fans have had to endure a moment of hardship....

unlike the league darlings skipping all the way to the top like red riding hood with a black and white shotgun. 

Vuck Fegas. They deserve a nice long hard rebuild, Coyote ugly style. 

• Cheers 2

MTL played the better game. I think their coaching has caught onto something... they seem to be getting behind Vegas D once in a while. The part I love about this MTL team is they are playing to the best of each individual ability PLUS rising to a higher level as a team. They still have a couple more heroes to make - keep the faith.

3 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Imagine if Vegas wins this year and the Kraken next year, followed by Toronto and Buffalo just to make us the worst all on our own.

I mean, you go right ahead. But in the meantime, &^@# Vegas. 

• Thanks 1

Another subtle little scam the league/lackey reffs pull to rig the deck? They HAVE to give the Cdn team the occasionalllll PP. So...

Notice how it's almost always a PP finally given, at the end of the period? This f***s up flow nicely & kills about 20 secs as teams need time from next period FO to get the puck down, & controlled. You get rushed at the end of the period(vs clock), & gotta' scramble to set up in the latter part. Of course the D-team returns from break rested.

Seemed like Van got a lot of these in 2011.

31 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

&^@# Vegas. Being a longsuffering fan of a team who's never won, the last thing I want to see is some spoiled American team who got preferential expansion treatment coming in an winning within their first four seasons. 

Wait until Seattle comes around.   They’ll be a contender straight away, prob making a playoff appearance in the first year. 
IMO, expansions should draft and sign just like Ottawa, Florida, sanjose and whoever else I forgot.   Look how long it took these teams to become established.  

nope. That’ll take too long.   Let’s just give these guys elite teams right off the line.   

Makes me sick.  Sorry just frustrated. And here’s another truth:

The only way cAnada wins a cup, is if a Canadian team just absolutely dominates in the scoreboard.  I mean blow out, 1980’s Edmonton oilers scoring!!

rant over

5 minutes ago, sassbs said:

Wait until Seattle comes around.   They’ll be a contender straight away, prob making a playoff appearance in the first year. 
IMO, expansions should draft and sign just like Ottawa, Florida, sanjose and whoever else I forgot.   Look how long it took these teams to become established.  

nope. That’ll take too long.   Let’s just give these guys elite teams right off the line.   

The only way cAnada wins a cup, is if a Canadian team just absolutely dominates in the scoreboard.  I mean blow out, 1980’s Edmonton oilers scoring!!

rant over

I'm not sure what to make of Seattle, I think GM's will be a bit more wary this time. But yeah, they'll start with a solid team too, and I'll probably hate them just as much. 

So you pay millions for an NHL team, big whoop. Shouldn't result in favourable expansion rules, I agree they should have had to suffer and grind like the others. 

I don't expect to see Canada win for a long time, if ever, during my lifespan. Montreal needed to go up 3-1, it just seems like the league wants Vegas vs Tampa. 

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, sassbs said:

rant over

This is revisionist history, and just plain stupid.

Nobody thought Vegas had a good team, until they took the ice. Then everyone found out how good the professional scouts there were. 

Go ahead, get on CapFriendly and try a mock draft, and pick a team that will be playoff-calibre. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2