The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SCSF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs. (4) Montreal Canadiens | Canadiens win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2021 Stanley Cup Semifinals  

128 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Hockey Experts 

X equals an unknown quantity 

SPURT equals a drip under pressure 

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Mayfield and clutterbuck will have a hay day with montreals small forwards

Cluster(expletive deleted)? He’ll be destroyed by Montreal’s not so small defensemen. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, runtzguy said:

Kinda sad that the Canucks are no longer the last Canada Team to make it to the Finals. But totally happy to see Vegas not get to the Finals. Vegas fans need to suffer at least a decade before they can get a cup.

I think well still hold the title of most despised Canadian team to make the finals ;) 

10 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Team of Destiny - everything is clicking for them; that MAF gaffe changed this series for them.

Last Canadian team to win a cup on the back of an elite goalie (Roy) and led by a defensive coach in Burns.  I remember that run and alot of things went right during that run as well - team win on the back of lights out goaltending.  Vegas seems to be on there way to a rebuild - right after signing AP to a long term contract.

Vegas is long overdue for having a bad team and enduring stretches of losing seasons.

Finally it's time for the godforsaken team to rot in salary cap hell and pay the dues as an expansion team.

• Hydration 1
1 minute ago, qwijibo said:

I kept trying to throw some context into their struggles late into the year (key injuries, covid compressed schedule following their shutdown) but a lot of people only saw their record 

They sucked in OT/Shootouts because they didn’t have much elite offensive talent. They had a bunch of 3rd period comebacks to get themselves to the extra frame though.

People didn’t realize that 5v5 they could hang with most teams when healthy. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

I really hope Benning is taking notes on how to build a D core.

On his notepad, "We should bring Guddy back."

Just now, TNucks1 said:

if your talking about tofu, he only had 2 shots on net tonight, not much of a factor tonight, but im gunna cheer hard if tofu gets the cup winning goal, be funny too see all the fans crying about it.

1) He let Toffoli go, so Berg picked him up for free. Good on Berg 

2) He drafted Podkolzin over Caufield (NOTE: Not saying we shouldve drafted Caufield, but Jim was one of 14 GM's to pass on him sliding him to Berg. Good for Berg.) 

3) Can we sign Perry as a free agent. He would be a GREAT MENTOR for the canucks young core. I wouldn't mind overpaying him too for 1-2 season. 

What a god Berg is. 

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

They sucked in OT/Shootouts because they didn’t have much elite offensive talent. They had a bunch of 3rd period comebacks to get themselves to the extra frame though.

People didn’t realize that 5v5 they could hang with most teams when healthy. 

Now they have Caufield 

• Hydration 1
3 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Which one?

That’s kinda my point. They’re the only other city with passionate enough drunks to have multiple like we do :lol: