The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SCSF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs. (4) Montreal Canadiens | Canadiens win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2021 Stanley Cup Semifinals  

128 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, LeafsFanDan said:

I don't agree. I rather have 6 months of entertaining hockey and highlight goals and having 90% of the hockey world praise my team than having 5 weeks of scrubs defence grind just so you can say you won the cup..

Winning the cup doesn't make you  better team, again everyone knows Vegas, Jets and Toronto are better than Montreal. That's why Stanley cup doesn't prove much, just take a look at this year as proof.

Confused Ryan Reynolds GIF

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
6 minutes ago, LeafsFanDan said:

Look i am not defending Toronto

Okay, "LeafsFanDan".

Its a shame how far Montreal got but it still doesn't change the fact no one respects them or admires them, they are not as a good team as others along the way please acknowledge that.

Yet they're in the finals and 29 other teams are not.

Coping Strategies for Kids

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, brilac said:

I know, that was quite a creation.  I was intoxicated when I did that.  Pretty good for being intoxicated. But, you got to admit, the CH haircut, is divine! I was almost going to even it out by having a Canucks logo on the other side :) 

The CH haircut is fitting for the times:towel:

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I remember people saying watch out for Montreal early on.

You seem bitter...you can't change facts.  On paper means nothing or we wouldn't have a reason to see games played out.  All those experts are wrong quite often.

The way I can best describe Montreal is the "ugly chick that got a pity date" out of  bachelor.

Say 2 girls are vying for a date with a handsome millionaire,  blonde hottie or a nerdy average brunette. The dude picks the average chick, great for her. My point is that the fact he selects the uglier one doesn't make the hot girl any worse, in fact she stays hot and everyone admires her.

Make sense? 

• Haha 1
  • RoughGame 7
9 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

How many Habs fans rooted for the Canucks in 2011?

#legitquestion

i mean that was along time ago i dont really remember, but im assuming since we were playing boston that more of them were probably cheering for the nucks but i just like MTLS team, always been a big price fan and when weber was traded just grew more on me.

• Hydration 1
3 minutes ago, LeafsFanDan said:

The way I can best describe Montreal is the "ugly chick that got a pity date" out of  bachelor.

Say 2 girls are vying for a date with a handsome millionaire,  blonde hottie or a nerdy average brunette. The dude picks the average chick, great for her. My point is that the fact he selects the uglier one doesn't make the hot girl any worse, in fact she stays hot and everyone admires her.

Make sense? 

Wow, this is a reach.

Toronto isn't hot though.

• Hydration 3
2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I was in Montreal for the formula 1 race that year, and I can tell you that the entire city was cheering for the Canucks.  Might have been that they hate the Bruins, but nevertheless they were definitely cheering for the Canucks to win it all.

Thanks for sharing that. I was so disappointed when so many Canadians were rooting for Boston. I vowed never to root for another eastern team ... but I have a huge soft spot for Montreal. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, LeafsFanDan said:

Make sense? 

Dude are you a troll,or just delusional?

3 minutes ago, LeafsFanDan said:

Look i am not defending Toronto, but open your eyes and look at the hockey analytics, at the experts at the panels and general media.

Everyone said Montreal is a dog, even the general public bet against them.

This means the team doesn't have that sex appeal that charm and that magic to make them a standout.

Its a shame how far Montreal got but it still doesn't change the fact no one respects them or admires them, they are not as a good team as others along the way please acknowledge that.

Buddy, just stop. The Laffs choked. Again. They suck because they're paying half their cap to 4 players, and can't afford any depth pieces, aside from castoff, over the hill UFA's. I admire the Habs work ethic, and buy in from every single player. And sex appeal? What the hell kind of argument is that?:picard:

• Haha 1