The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SCSF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs. (4) Montreal Canadiens | Canadiens win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2021 Stanley Cup Semifinals  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Golden Knights in 4
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7
    • Canadiens in 4
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/17/2021 at 01:00 AM

46 minutes ago, LeafsFanDan said:

I don't agree. I rather have 6 months of entertaining hockey and highlight goals and having 90% of the hockey world praise my team than having 5 weeks of scrubs defence grind just so you can say you won the cup..

Winning the cup doesn't make you  better team, again everyone knows Vegas, Jets and Toronto are better than Montreal. That's why Stanley cup doesn't prove much, just take a look at this year as proof.

Are they though? If they were better wouldn't those teams have won against Montreal? Food for thought.

It's clear you are still coping with the Maple Leaf implosion. It's ok. After all we are Canucks fans, we get it. But don't go off pretending like the Leafs are the real winners because they were better in the regular season. There is more pressure in the playoffs and the cream tends to rise to the top. Look at Caufield. And let's not pretend that you wouldn't be drooling if the Leafs were in the final. Would the Stanley Cup still not "prove much" then?

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Don't get this at all.   Why would you prefer another US team winning yet again?   It's not like it's TO...

why wouldn't i? last time the canucks were in the final literally the whole country wanted us to lose and laughed when we rioted

3 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

why wouldn't i? last time the canucks were in the final literally the whole country wanted us to lose and laughed when we rioted

this isn't true. plus, you just had someone in this thread who was in montreal for the formula 1 during the final say everyone there was rooting for the canucks.

Edited by Dedalus

18 minutes ago, brilac said:

Oh gosh! My heart is still beating fast! I'm trying to calm it down with champagne while re-living the win by watching the game! 

The Montreal Canadiens are going to the Stanley Cup Finals!!!!! OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!  CH25, HERE WE COME!!!!!!!

I can’t wait to watch final with u Brilac:bigblush:

GO HABS!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

55 minutes ago, LeafsFanDan said:

I don't agree. I rather have 6 months of entertaining hockey and highlight goals and having 90% of the hockey world praise my team than having 5 weeks of scrubs defence grind just so you can say you won the cup..

Winning the cup doesn't make you  better team, again everyone knows Vegas, Jets and Toronto are better than Montreal. That's why Stanley cup doesn't prove much, just take a look at this year as proof.

Are you for real? Take your bleeding heart crap to the Make Believes board Dan. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, sassbs said:

I love how Montreal has been built!  Incredible team with a perfect balance of defence, grit, offence.   Incredible depth from all 4 lines. 

How in the flying F did Marc Berg. Didn’t win GM of the year is beyond me.  

The GM of the year is chosen prior to the playoffs.  Montreal only qualified for the playoffs by one point...

• Thanks 1

I love the BC connections on the Habs

Montreal with Weber and Price, (and Galagher who player for the Giants) and of course Burr...

I especially want to see Weber and Price bring the cup back to their home towns, pretty special stuff right their and these are two of my favorites players from the past generation who play the game the way it is meant to be played and have both worn the maple leaf when asked to do so.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:

I can’t wait to watch final with u Brilac:bigblush:

GO HABS!

Me too! Maybe you will be drinking champagne in front of your TV screen while I am drinking champagne in front of my TV screen.  Everyone can be drinking champagne.  Gosh, let's all drink champagne when watching the Stanley Cup Finals!  GO HABS GO!!

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I was out fishing with my kids (first fish for my two youngest sons ever!) so I missed the game and forgot to pvr.

Only question I have is was the dejection on the Vegas players even more magical than it was in my dreams?

actually thought they were pretty classy

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, oldnews said:

no need to pump the Islanders to me Mustard.

I picked them to win the East. 

no need to pump Mayfield either.  I've had him in numerous fantasy leagues, and have made countless proposals on these boards to steal him (before he 'broke out') - and still think this team should try to take advantage of the Isles tight e.d. reality heading into expansion.

but I also picked the Habs to go to the SCF.

You can underestimate them all you want - but in doing so you tip your hand - that you have no idea how good they are from the net out.

I find it ironic that you're pumping the stiffness of another team - at the expense of one that has Weber,Petry, Edmundson and Chiarot in front of Price....

Like I said - carry on - but beyond your Isle pumping, I can't take your underestimation of the Habs seriously. 

Listen, I just want the islanders to win the cup to see the debacle in toronto. I gave one example of why i think the isles will wear the habs down. If the habs win, well thats special too for price and weber