The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SCSF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs. (4) Montreal Canadiens | Canadiens win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2021 Stanley Cup Semifinals  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Golden Knights in 4
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7
    • Canadiens in 4
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/17/2021 at 01:00 AM

2 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

According to Carey Price, they don't hang conference banners in the rafters there, so it's kind of a moot point.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to find the proper quote, so a paraphrase without proper attribution will have to do.  :P

Basically Habs have won so many cups that conference trophy’s are trivial,all that matters is the cup.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Devron44 said:

They are the new Sharks. Can’t wait, in 5 years Stone will have a big beard getting knocked out of the play offs again in the second round lol

I really can't see a team that schooled the Avs as chokers though 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Having been in downtown Vancouver for most of the important playoff games over the last couple of decades, I can tell you that there are three  types of people there:  

1) Hardcore fans who can name the entire team 

2) Casuals who are there for something to do 

3) Kids/teenagers that come in from the suburbs who are there just to get drunk, cause $&!# and be able to tell their friends about it.  They haven't watched a hockey game in over a decade.  

I think there has to be a category between 1 and 2, not every fan can remember that Zac Dalpe was part of the Canucks 

Edited by iinatcc
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, TNucks1 said:

that could be true, but what Polls exactly are you talking about TSN or any other major sports poll and i swear if your talking about twitter lol those are a joke, also the main post was about just montreal fans about cheering for the nucks.

nah it was some polls on the news back in 2011 iirc i can care less about TSN sportsnet with their leafs lovefest. if u search online there's actually plenty of articles that talks about how most of canada outside of BC doesn't embrace the canucks during their stanley cup run i mean it's fair it's not their team.. this isn't like a national thing.. montreal winning the cup means absolutely nothing to me. my friend is a die hard montreal fan he grew up in montreal while he doesn't hate the canucks.. he doesn't cheer them on if they make the finals just coz it's not his team and what they do is none of my business i only care if my team wins or lose. 

6 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

All year “the North Division is trash” 4th place North Division team goes to the Finals. 

North division is trash is laughable lol, west division was the dumpster.  The Habs are built for playoff hockey four big top 4 d and a top end goalie.  Like most great playoff runs have avoided injuries to their top players.  

Vegas for everything they are have you seen a team win a cup with what they ice at the Center position.  They might have some pivots you would call second line Center a on a good team but they don’t have a top 30 Center on roster maybe not even a top 45.  That needs to change if they are going to win a cup.  They are also running out of time, next year will be their last big run and then they will start to gradually decline based on aging out of top guys and salary cap issues.  They took a swing to go for a quick cup rather than playing the long game.  

• Cheers 1

We are originally from BC - from the Cariboo. My mom through her involvement in the regional district knew the Price family - an absolutely wonderful family. I have no issue with cheering for Montreal mostly because of Carey Price. But calling them "Canada's team" does irritate me given the hate for the Canucks by the majority of Canada back in 2011. 

Hoping for an Islanders/Canadiens final. The past few years I figure if the Canucks aren't there to win it, then at least let if be either a team that has never won or a team that has not won in a long time. Ilses and Habs fit that long time no win bill. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flat land fish said:

Vegas for everything they are have you seen a team win a cup with what they ice at the Center position.  They might have some pivots you would call second line Center a on a good team but they don’t have a top 30 Center on roster maybe not even a top 45.  That needs to change if they are going to win a cup.  They are also running out of time, next year will be their last big run and then they will start to gradually decline based on aging out of top guys and salary cap issues.  They took a swing to go for a quick cup rather than playing the long game.  

Love this post. It’s so true they are weak down the middle and honestly Glass hasn’t shown that he is the #1 center they drafted 6thOA in 2017. They don’t have many prospects to compensate to the aging core that will be apparent in a year or two that you mentioned above. The owner Bill Foley comes across as super impatient and has already fired Gallant after he took the team to the finals in their first year. Now I’m sure Peter DeBoer is on the hotseat too after back to back conference final appearances. I get the standards are high in Vegas because winning is everything there or you are irrelevant. But if you told me a team joining the league has 7 playoff series wins 2 WCFs and a SCF appearance in your first 4 years, I would be a happy owner. But not this man. And just think, it won’t be getting better in a year from now. Love them squandering their window with no success. As it should be, the pain and hurt must be made before you can win the big prize. 

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, drofssalg said:

We are originally from BC - from the Cariboo. My mom through her involvement in the regional district knew the Price family - an absolutely wonderful family. I have no issue with cheering for Montreal mostly because of Carey Price. But calling them "Canada's team" does irritate me given the hate for the Canucks by the majority of Canada back in 2011. 

Hoping for an Islanders/Canadiens final. The past few years I figure if the Canucks aren't there to win it, then at least let if be either a team that has never won or a team that has not won in a long time. Ilses and Habs fit that long time no win bill. 

The majority of Canada is somewhat erroneous.   I had just moved to the OTT area, and like others who've pointed out MTL for sure got behind us, so did this area.   Sure saw a couple Boston flags out windows, but they were far and few between, saw a ton of Canucks Flags all over actually.   Any Canadian team that makes it to the final is Canada's team.  Cherry and co with their roots i Boston put too much emphasis on them winning via the media which blurred things.   Same with McLean.   Fans forget Babych was there too, rooting for us, and Cherry did have his personal bias, but also wore Canuck colours during our run.   I don't like the pity party victim culture some fans seem to have over that run.   "Everyone hates us, we don't care" .... hope this core and the following one, scrubs that right out of the fanbase and anyone still holding on to that forgives and forgets about it.   A small story really.    And if your perpetuate that sort of feeling, it doesn't make it easy for other fans not to dislike us.   We are all stakeholders and what we say might not matter in the marco view, but it does in the micro sense.   Seems like a TO fan deal to me.   Same as blaming the refs.   We had 2/1 PPs, what more could they do?   

4 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

Love this post. It’s so true they are weak down the middle and honestly Glass hasn’t shown that he is the #1 center they drafted 6thOA in 2017. They don’t have many prospects to compensate to the aging core that will be apparent in a year or two that you mentioned above. The owner Bill Foley comes across as super impatient and has already fired Gallant after he took the team to the finals in their first year. Now I’m sure Peter DeBoer is on the hotseat too after back to back conference final appearances. I get the standards are high in Vegas because winning is everything there or you are irrelevant. But if you told me a team joining the league has 7 playoff series wins 2 WCFs and a SCF appearance in your first 4 years, I would be a happy owner. But not this man. And just think, it won’t be getting better in a year from now. Love them squandering their window with no success. As it should be, the pain and hurt must be made before you can win the big prize. 

Vegas has a 3-4 year window left.   They won't wilt away and suddenly regress fast like our team did.    Look at the age of their core.    Until the bulk passes 32-33 they are going to be fine.    Who they need to worry about is COL.    They beat them this time, next time will be a lot harder.   Lehner is a very good goalie, on par of better then Demko and Markstrom.    Doubt he will regress at all during over the next four years.   Theodore will pass AP soon on their depth chart.    And a lot of cap will open up when MAF is done.    Agree they don't have much coming up as far prospects go and eventually they are in for it, but not until the later 2020's.   Personally i hope that coincides with our peak and it probably will.   But their window opened right away, and isn't going anywhere for awhile yet.   Patches cap too.   Plus they are a destination UFAs are happy to take discounts to go to ... no state tax plus a contender.    Sucks for us.   Just hope Seattle doesn't duplicate their success or we will have a really tough time climbing the division ranks. 

• Cheers 2