The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SCSF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs. (4) Montreal Canadiens | Canadiens win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2021 Stanley Cup Semifinals  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Golden Knights in 4
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7
    • Canadiens in 4
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/17/2021 at 01:00 AM

Montreal has Burrows and Toffoli to root for. But also they have many great guys on their team. BC boys Weber, Price and Gallagher. They are a easy team to cheer for. Yes they kicked our butts this year but without those wins they wouldn’t be in this position so Canucks helped them get to where they are now! How can you not cheer for these guys? Leaf fans having hockey PTSD what if after blowing it is icing on the cake. My hockey mind says Tampa will repeat but my hockey heart wants Burr, Weber and Price to win a cup.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

The North division is still trash. Montreal getting this far doesn't change that. Their advantage is that they were built for the playoffs, plus they have an elite goalie in Price. Loserpeg, soilers and the laffs are soft as hell and would have been destroyed by Vegas because they don't have the makeup to shutdown Vegas like Montreal did.

• Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1

4 minutes ago, Nucksownyou said:

The North division is still trash. Montreal getting this far doesn't change that. Their advantage is that they were built for the playoffs, plus they have an elite goalie in Price. Loserpeg, soilers and the laffs are soft as hell and would have been destroyed by Vegas because they don't have the makeup to shutdown Vegas like Montreal did.

I fail to see your point. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nucksownyou said:

My point is screw the scabs! Canucks or no one!

I’ve got news for you. Canucks didn’t make the playoffs.  Someone other than them are going to win.  It’s been 28 years since the cup was in Canada. Time for it to be where it belongs.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

How come Vegas didn’t play Cody Glass?  Young centre.  

He only played 27 games with them this year.  I haven’t seen him play but my guess would be he’s not quite ready for prime time and they felt the lineup they iced was better than what it would be with him in 

3 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

I’ve got news for you. Canucks didn’t make the playoffs.  Someone other than them are going to win.  It’s been 28 years since the cup was in Canada. Time for it to be where it belongs.  

It belongs in Vancouver. I will never cheer for the other Canadian teams after they turned their backs on us. Screw them!

• RoughGame 1

17 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

I will be happy for the players but in no way do I want Habs fans to get another cup. Theyre insufferable as it is. 

That’s the dilemma isn’t it. I wasn’t rooting for any Canadian teams at the start but have really grown to like the way Montreal is playing and there are lots of good guys to cheer for. I’m now fully behind the Habs or the Islanders but the sea of red will be even more sickening to see next year.

2 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

That’s the dilemma isn’t it. I wasn’t rooting for any Canadian teams at the start but have really grown to like the way Montreal is playing and there are lots of good guys to cheer for. I’m now fully behind the Habs or the Islanders but the sea of red will be even more sickening to see next year.

I cheer more for individual players than teams once the Canucks are out.  Weber and Price are both guys who I would be disappointed to see retire without a Cup.

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

19 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I cheer more for individual players than teams once the Canucks are out.  Weber and Price are both guys who I would be disappointed to see retire without a Cup.

Price has been so good.  He’s incredibly calm.  I wonder if he gets excited about much?