The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SCSF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs. (4) Montreal Canadiens | Canadiens win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2021 Stanley Cup Semifinals  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Golden Knights in 4
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7
    • Canadiens in 4
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/17/2021 at 01:00 AM

2 hours ago, rekker said:

To me. He has size, can skate, seems at least average hockey IQ. His hands are garbage, his release is slow as well. A player like him has to come to the realization that if he doesn't become a crasher that is defensively responsible, he's out of the NHL. Almost like a Blake Comeau. Check and be a pain to play against and he will keep a spot on a team. 

I just don't see that out of him. Was worth the waiver pick up tho to try it out. 

• Cheers 1

On 6/24/2021 at 8:26 PM, Ronaldoescobar said:

I think well still hold the title of most despised Canadian team to make the finals ;) 

The media empire of Jeremy Jacobs & all of his cohorts at the CBC (Coach’s corner, etc) would have had you thinking that, wouldn’t they?

I still hear from folks in Finland, Sweden, Australia, New Zealand, New York, Florida, Yellowknife, Seattle, the Maritimes & other places all around the world, who have remained faithful Canucks fans because of the skill & dignity of the Sedins, the stellar seasonal play of their league-leading team(s) & that Jennings Award winning goalie tandem. The sadness that this team experienced in losing their first round pick & rising star teammate to a horrible tragedy & then witnessing the subsequent heroics of his great friend & teammate Alex Burrows in that epic 2011 Cup Run, pulled at our collective heart strings. Manny’s career threatening eye injury & then miraculous return, was cheered! So many events cemented this team’s legacy in striving to over come adversity & building true character. 

Were they really all THAT despised, or were these reports merely the result of a lot of public “gaslighting”? The injustices they were facing suddenly became far more palatable & less protested, once the media hoard outside of VanCity began trying to make the Sedins & the rest of their teammates seem somewhat “less likeable”. No one should have been able to realistically disparage, Hank, Danny, Manny, Schneider, Salo, Hamhuis, Ehrhoff, Bieksa, and so many other members of that team. But, they gave it shot!

Max Lapierre, Raffi Torres, Burrows, Kesler, Luongo, Aron Rome & Mason Raymond were all then deemed far ‘less-deserving’ of unbiased refereeing standards or fair play - than some very entitled 0-6 drama-queens like: Brad Marchand, Milan Lucic, Tim Thomas, Patrice Bergeron, Boychuk & the very fragile Nathan Horton, who after being previously concussed multiple times, unfortunately bonked his helmet a little too hard upon the ice.  

Proof that the 2010-2011 Canucks were NOT hated by most hockey-fans, is when sponsors fueled by nation-wide fan outrage forced Ron McLean to apologize on air for his character assassination of Burrows & his anti-Canucks stance the following season, as the aftermath of the Auger (Burrows) controversy continued to unfold & the Canucks’ SCup run ended in heart-breaking fashion.  

Just keep truth-speaking out there Canucks Nation & always remember to testify to the way it was and, in some respects, still is!

Cheers! 

Edited by viking mama
  • Cheers 1

Just talkin’ about Les Canadiens are one of the few cultural activities still going on this Canada Day! 

An extreme heat-wave & some  lingering covid concerns in BC have  cancelled many outdoor Canada Day fireworks displays or celebrations, even in smaller groupings. The residential schools atrocity & controversy regarding our govt’s part in attempting to destroy First Nations’ culture & their proper heritage, is a humiliating shame that many Canadians find difficult to bear, let alone celebrate. Reach out & wear something orange, my friends! 

Yet, hockey has seemed to survive the fray & risen above it all. I was happy to cheer under-dog Team-Canada onto victory at this year’s IIHF world Championships! What a thrill! Now we can cheer for another  Canadian-based team playing against the odds, led by a special player of First Nation’s heritage, & obvious 2021 Play-off MVP candidate, Carey Price!  

If we witness something in this SC Final that looks free of out-side interference or league machinations, I will be most pleased. 

^Praying that our best hopes for the Cup’s return to Canada are realized at a pivotal time, when “Canadians” are requiring many more things, such as this, to cement us all together. 

Edited by viking mama
  • Like 1

On 6/24/2021 at 9:43 PM, Mustard Tiger said:

Listen, I just want the islanders to win the cup to see the debacle in toronto. I gave one example of why i think the isles will wear the habs down. If the habs win, well thats special too for price and weber 

listen - your theory that the Isles would wreck the Habs small forwards - didn't really hold up in your 'watched games' - where 5'10", 166lb Brayden Point lit them up for goals in 6 straight games....

anyhow - Go Habs!

On 6/24/2021 at 6:36 PM, Toyotasfan said:

So which team is the best in the league regular season team and which is the team that finished 18th overall and barely made the playoffs? Suck It Triple H GIF by WWE

Doesn't matter one single bit.

giphy.gif

On 6/26/2021 at 4:49 AM, Sedinyoureyesontheprize said:

The matchup here is really between vasilevsky and price 

So often boils down to that as the key element.

Not just Demko/the Canucks who rely on goaltending to seal the deal.  The most important position there is in the playoffs.