The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SCSF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs. (4) Montreal Canadiens | Canadiens win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2021 Stanley Cup Semifinals  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Golden Knights in 4
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7
    • Canadiens in 4
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/17/2021 at 01:00 AM

I’m not happy about this but it’s hard to visualize the Habs winning more than one game. It will be interesting to see the match up between the Habs huge defenseman and the big Vegas forwards. 

On the other end the Habs small forwards are gonna get pounded by Vegas. The Habs wii be too sore to golf afterwards. 

Still gonna root for MTL. 

Montreal is nowhere near good enough to compete with Vegas. However, it's the NHL playoffs and you have Price in net, which could be the ultimate factor in this series. Boy am I glad I'm an NHL fan and not an NBA fan for example, where the finals are predicted in day 1 of the regular season. 

• Upvote 1

I don’t necessarily feel the Habs are gonna get steamrolled in this one,depends how much interference LV gets away with.If the Habs can stay healthy and bring what they showed vs The Jets and Price doing Price things,they have a shot imo.Habs in 7.

GO HABS!

Edited by Cromeslab

To hell with Vegas. Yes McPhee & McCrimmon played the league to perfection in selecting the team but they’ll never escape the fact that their success was bought and paid for. The NHL is getting exactly what they dreamed of so far. If I was a praying man “anyone but Vegas” would be mentioned every night before bedtime. 

Incidently TB is not far behind with their salary cap shenanigans this year.

5cgrbg.gif

• Like 1

Montreal’s main advantage in their first two series was goaltending.

They don’t have that advantage now as Fleury is just as good if not better.

Vegas matches them defensively but has more depth scoring.

Should be tight games but ultimately Vegas is just bigger and deeper. Not to mention they have a huge home crowd advantage.

I have a feeling that the Knights are going to demolish the Habs in 4 straight. Habs came out on top against the weakest division imo. 

Rooting for the Canadiens, but I don't think they have a chance. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

I have a feeling that the Knights are going to demolish the Habs in 4 straight. Habs came out on top against the weakest division imo. 

Rooting for the Canadiens, but I don't think they have a chance. 

I highly doubt it. Price has been the best goalie in the playoffs by a large margin. Vegas is a good team, but they won’t scare the Canadiens. While the Vegas defense is stocked with large players, the majority of them aren’t really that intimidating outside of the cheapshot artist McNabb. Weber, Chiarot, and Edmundson will stifle the Vegas forecheck and Danault will effectively shut down the top line.