The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SCSF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs. (4) Montreal Canadiens | Canadiens win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2021 Stanley Cup Semifinals  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Golden Knights in 4
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7
    • Canadiens in 4
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/17/2021 at 01:00 AM

Just now, amplified0ne said:

There was a couple years where everyone thought he was washed, when he couldnt stop a beachball.  Also Murray took over for him in the playoffs.

He had a bit of a reputation (unfairly IMO) of not coming up big in the playoffs. Murray was in the net for their last two cups and add that to his contract and Pittsburgh made a large mistake.

This just proves how easy north division was.  
no matter which team made it, Winn/tor/mtl they all would’ve been slapped sideways and then backhanded.

if the league was aligned properly, Toronto would have been fighting for a playoff spot as with every other team.   Maybe not Winnipeg as they are a good reg season club

• Like 1

Just now, sassbs said:

no matter which team made it, Winn/tor/mtl they all would’ve been slapped sideways and then backhanded.

if the league was aligned properly, Toronto would have been fighting for a playoff spot as with every other team.   Maybe not Winnipeg as they are a good reg season club

Also shows how bad we really are finishing last in our division yet somehow Green is still a good coach.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:

Why did Pittsburg gift Vegas Fleury,was it cap reasons?

Fleury had a large contract & Matt Murray won them x2 cups. Fleury was their backup at that point.

Fleury is a hell of a goalie and keeps showing his resilience. He had some tough years in Pittsburgh at the start of his career - but went on to win a cup in '09. Then Matt Murray stole the spotlight from him & he wound up going to Vegas - but he evolved and became a great goalie for Vegas. Then last season Robin Lehner comes in via trade and steals the starting role - but Fleury has stolen it back this year.

He's definitely had his lapses, but Fleury has strong mental toughness, which is integral for a goaltender!

If Vegas wins the cup I'll be glad Fleury gets another. That's about it though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sassbs said:

I agree the North division is weaker than the rest,

But it's been 1 game. Lots of hockey left to go and I don't think Montreal will simply get steamrolled.

Just now, Maginator said:

Fleury had a large contract & Matt Murray won them x2 cups. Fleury was their backup at that point.

Fleury is a hell of a goalie and keeps showing his resilience. He had some tough years in Pittsburgh at the start of his career - but went on to win a cup in '09. Then Matt Murray stole the spotlight from him & he wound up going to Vegas - but he evolved and became a great goalie for Vegas. Then last season Robin Lehner comes in via trade and steals the starting role - but Fleury has stolen it back this year.

He's definitely had his lapses, but Fleury has strong mental toughness, which is integral for a goaltender!

If Vegas wins the cup I'll be glad Fleury gets another. That's about it though.

Vegas has an easy series now, while the Islanders and Lightning are in tough.  

Just now, Maginator said:

I agree the North division is weaker than the rest,

But it's been 1 game. Lots of hockey left to go and I don't think Montreal will simply get steamrolled.

Habs’ only have a couple forwards that are any good 5 on 5.  They actually got killed.  Hate ‘em, and enjoy watching them get pounded.  

41 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Vegas has no fan base, they’re just the backup team for people like me that love going to Vegas but root for their home team first as long as they’re still alive.

Vegas resident:  The Knights came along when Vegas was broken. (after the mass shooting)

Vegas resident:  Many of us are like the Knights....we are castoffs like them. (many residents of Vegas had move to Vegas)

The names of the 58 people killed in the shooting during a country music festival were projected onto the ice in October before the Golden Knights’ first home game in franchise history.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, stanleysteamersmyl said:

Vegas resident:  The Knights came along when Vegas was broken. (after the mass shooting)

Vegas resident:  Many of us are like the Knights....we are castoffs like them. (many residents of Vegas had move to Vegas)

The names of the 58 people killed in the shooting during a country music festival were projected onto the ice in October before the Golden Knights’ first home game in franchise history.

I had two friend attending a show at the hotel the shooter shot from and they were locked down fo hours, I had another friend that was nearby the concert when the shooting started, but that sums up Vegas people pretty well, I like most of them.