The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SCSF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs. (4) Montreal Canadiens | Canadiens win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2021 Stanley Cup Semifinals  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Golden Knights in 4
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7
    • Canadiens in 4
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/17/2021 at 01:00 AM

2 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

thought maybe the covid thing mighta made it postponed.

With him vaccinated (partially), reduced chance of spread esp if all others are vaccinated too. They test daily, so a positive test may be an asymptomatic pick up.   I don't expect this to another Canucks outbreak. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Jaimito said:

With him vaccinated (partially), reduced chance of spread esp if all others are vaccinated too. They test daily, so a positive test may be an asymptomatic pick up.   I don't expect this to another Canucks outbreak. 

that would suck big time especially during playoffs, wonder how that would work.

9 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

that would suck big time especially during playoffs, wonder how that would work.

1919 had to be cancelled due to the Spanish flu. 

(Seattle vs. Montreal) 

Montreal player Joe Hall died from the flu. Owner/Manager of Montreal George Kennedy had it, and never fully recovered from it and died in 1921. 

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

IF that whole team(2011) had been assembled in a US market, we would still be hearing today from the press, how they were all Gawds amongst men(& just super people too)

The media & League, NY-Hindquarters often work hand-in-hand, each supporting their lame, US-tilted agendas & narratives.

Yup - even went so far as to get a guarantee that perennial-Bruins fan & old school hockey advocate, Don Cheery, would be able to promote the Bruins-brand coast to coast across Canada almost in perpetuity until…. well, we saw how that long-standing relationship with the CBC ended, didn’t we?

The protests over bias, lack of journalistic integrity, responsibility & accountability had a little something to do with that, and the CBC loosing it’s sponsorship cache after the 2011 play-offs - but primarily diminishing ‘Don Cherry’s effect’ left the CBC with no leverage, at all. 

Media moguls own the oldest & most traditional teams operating in the largest marketplaces in the NHL. Serving their ‘own’ markets &  cultivating more fans home & abroad for their players is the goal - journalistic integrity, science, & oft times, the truth be damned. 

Sports frequently imitates politics, and vice versa. God will need to intervene for a Stanley Cup to be awarded to VanCity’s hometown team, while locked in this long-suffering/uphill battle.

Edited by viking mama
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

1919 had to be cancelled due to the Spanish flu. 

(Seattle vs. Montreal) 

Montreal player Joe Hall died from the flu. Owner/Manager of Montreal George Kennedy had it, and never fully recovered from it and died in 1921. 

1619 has to be cancelled, too ... scurvy!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, viking mama said:

Yup - even went so far as to get a guarantee that perennial-Bruins fan & old school hockey coach Don Cheery would promote the Bruins-brand coast to coast in Canada almost in perpetuity until…. well we saw how that long-standing with the CBC ended didn’t we?

The protests over bias, lack of journalistic integrity, responsibility & accountability had a little something to do with the CBC loosing it’s cache after the 2011 play-offs - but primarily diminishing the ‘Don Cherry effect’ left the CBC with no leverage, at all. 

Media moguls own some of the largest & most traditional teams in the NHL. Serving their markets and cultivating fans home & abroad is their game - journalistic integrity, science, and oft times, the truth be damned. 

Sports frequently imitates politics, and vice versa. God will need to intervene for a Stanley Cup to be awarded to our hometown team in this uphill battle! 

Nefarious lil' scheme of divide & conquer? League has long known & exploited that various, rival Cdn regions would rip apart, and/or pull each other down.

Personally just nudged me to take up other interests. Have remained a Canuck fan, but I don't really watch much of the other teams. If league policies push away older, long-time puck watchers like myself, I'm sure they can compensate with younger fans in newer(desert, sub-tropical???) markets.

Simply won't contribute significant minutes/hrs to something I don't trust.