The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SCSF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs. (4) Montreal Canadiens | Canadiens win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2021 Stanley Cup Semifinals  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Golden Knights in 4
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7
    • Canadiens in 4
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/17/2021 at 01:00 AM

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Not sure if he's worth $10.5 million. 

But he's a damn good goalie. 

Taking up one 8th of a teams cap makes it hard for a team to build a real contender IMO in any capped league.

Over here in Aus in the AFL the Hawks won four flags in 7 years because the the guys they drafted who turned into stars took discounts for the team.

The one who didn't Lance Franklin signed a huge deal with a team that was a perennial contender and had won a couple,after he signed they have not won a flag.

Just now, SergioMomesso said:

Beer is no longer cool

Actually you’re supposed to drink beer warm, you can taste it better, reason we, in North America expect it cold is the cheap American beer wants you to drink it that way so you dont taste how bad it is.

Just now, Ilunga said:

Taking up one 8th of a teams cap makes it hard for a team to build a real contender IMO in any capped league.

Over here in Aus in the AFL the Hawks won four flags in 7 years because the the guys they drafted who turned into stars took discounts for the team.

The one who didn't Lance Franklin signed a huge deal with a team that was a perennial contender and had won a couple,after he signed they have not won a flag.

Rugby is a tough sport. Aussie Rules is even tougher. 

9 minutes ago, brilac said:

Hmmm, at least it's scoreless and not a goal by the Golden Knights.  I ate my 3rd dessert.  It's time to move onto the meal with more champagne - a veggie patty on toasted bread with spicy cheese and arugula cut in half. 

If not for the cheese, I ‘d think that you were a vegan cheering for the Habs. 

2 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Actually you’re supposed to drink beer warm, you can taste it better, reason we, in North America expect it cold is the cheap American beer wants you to drink it that way so you dont taste how bad it is.

I’ve been duped. All these years of buying ice and using up fridge space has me up in arms. 

Edited by SergioMomesso
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, TNucks1 said:

i dunno looked pretty soft live, but not surprised they called it.

I’m rooting for Vegas but I wouldn’t be upset if it wasn’t called, technically it was a penalty, and at full speed it does look dangerous.

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Rugby is a tough sport. Aussie Rules is even tougher. 

At 14 I watched a kid I grew up with die on our home ground.

That was back in the days of the " enforcers".

The kid who hit him behind the head took his own life a few years later.

• Sad 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Just now, SergioMomesso said:

I’ve been duped. All these years of buying ice and using up fridge space has be up in arms. 

I’m Czech and have known this all my life but no matter how good it is I can’t stand warm beer, in fact I have a dedicated beer fridge.

Gentlemen, the cold is not your beer's friend. According to Mark Garrison, writing for Slate, this whole it's-cold-enough-when-the-mountains-turn-blue thing is just a big conspiracy propagated by mega-brewers to mask the poor taste of their watery lagers by chilling them to death. In addition to depressing flavor, cold temperatures also up the carbonation in beer, giving tasteless stuff a pleasant tingle. But "there's practically no beer worth drinking that should be served under 40 degrees Fahrenheit," says Garrison (for reference, tap beer comes out at a chilly 38 degrees). In the case of good craft beers, the low temperatures just dampen the flavor, causing you to miss all the things that would open up if a little warmer. Unfortunately, even bars with serious beer selections rarely serve their brews at the proper temperature, due to the difficulty of varying cooling in a draft system and unwillingness to contradict a public that still largely thinks beer should be virtually frozen. But when you're drinking good beer at home, Garrison says you should ditch the iced mugs for room-temperature glasses, and let beers sit out of the fridge for a little while before opening them. For reference, serve wheat beers, pilsners, and other light beers at 40-45 degrees, dark styles like cask ales and imperial stouts at 50-55 degrees, and ambers and bocks somewhere in between. 

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Sub-conjuncazombie hemorrhages

but i thought it was zombies and brain eating?

EDIT: hahaha just read the zombie part in that sentence didnt catch it at first.

Edited by TNucks1
  • Haha 2