The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SCSF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs. (4) Montreal Canadiens | Canadiens win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2021 Stanley Cup Semifinals  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Golden Knights in 4
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7
    • Canadiens in 4
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/17/2021 at 01:00 AM

15 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

I'd say a fair number of people here are cheering for Vegas to lose rather than cheering for Montreal to win. At least I am.

Yeah it’s totally understandable man 

Maybe I just don’t hate Vegas more than the idea of another Canadian team winning before us 

Just now, DeNiro said:

I don’t understand how you can catch every subtle little tap to a players hands but somehow ignore a direct punch to the face.

This league is incapable of enforcing its own rules.

Part of me wonders why there wasn’t this league/canada wide criticism when we got jobbed in the 2011 finals and 2013 1st round (24 penalties in four games lol). 

20 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

dont tell these guys how the 2011 finals went with the officiating if they're upset about it NOW

Is this 2011? Brad Marchand was that you? Is history trying to repeat itself?

Lee has just cemented himself in that  infamous “no-integrity pool” of officials along with O’Rourke, O’Halloran, Sutherland & the very pompous glad-he’s-retired-already  Devorski. Does the rule book even matter to these guys? 

Lee, should have been stripped of his responsibilities forth with & replaced with an alternate ref in the rink, by a  supervisor who SHOULD be in attendance at this game….if there was NO call.  

The delay also shows incompetence. He wanted to send BOTH. Was it settled over the intermission?  

Pee-wee, midget or junior A refs could have stepped-up to make the obvious call there, and in real time. 

Edited by viking mama
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Rather have another Canadian team win, than a US expansion team. 

I had a look at that Vegas finals roster again and I still don’t think they were gifted some insanely favorable situation. Gms were more so just stupid lol.

Even that first season finals team - it was more cinderella rather than deserving imo. They really improved after that first season.

Edited by Tom Sestito