The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jack Adams Award finalists unveiled

Rate this topic

2021 Jack Adams Award  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Rod the Bod from Campbell River.  He's due to win the Jack Adams Award.  Deservedly so (as are Quennevill, Evanson, Trotz, though not as much as Brind'Amour).

Quenneville or Evason, Canes were always supposed to be good 

Leaning Quenneville, but what Evason did with the Wild was impressive 

Edited by Coconuts

I picked Evason because I judge it by how much a coach can get out of his player material. 

If Trotz was nominated, like he should be, he would be the no-brainer pick for me. 

6 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

criminal that Trotz isn't on this list. 

I think Trotz shines in the playoffs (though he's obviously still excellent in the regular season). If the award encapsulated the playoffs as well, he'd have probably won it 3 or 4 times already. 

• Hydration 1
30 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I think Trotz shines in the playoffs (though he's obviously still excellent in the regular season). If the award encapsulated the playoffs as well, he'd have probably won it 3 or 4 times already. 

Before he went to the final and then won the cup in WSH i always felt he was a good Lindy Ruff comp.  His teams always played with max effort, long serving coach etc.. what most impressed me with Trotz so far is what he's done post cup.   He helped lower NYI goals against by 50ish goals with the same roster minus Tavares, and their goals for stayed about the same (his first year!).    Most experts felt NYI was in for a big hit, instead they've done better then TO.   Two final four appearances in a row, have to start thinking about NYI as a contender but we really shouldn't be.   CAR is a very good team, doesn't matter who's coaching it,  FLR should have been a good team last year, more then made up for it this year.   MIN... guess they needed to add someone, but i'd be looking at how many games they won against LA, SJ, ANA and ARI awfully closely.   Trotz for sure could have been the third guy instead.   There isn't a better coach in the league right now, and for me at least, i think most NHL coaches belong.   Takes a special coach to separate themselves from the pack, he's for sure done that.   

Edited by IBatch
  • Hydration 1