The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] off-season FA signing---- Taylor Hall 6mil x 6yrs

13 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

6x6 is not our thing.  But I hear Treliving is on the phone with his agent...

this is genius. We need to make this seem possible on Calgary Puck so Trelivng panics and signs Hall. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, #Canucks said:

Im starting to get PTSD every time I come on here. 6x6 is a no go even if its Ovi. Bad memories. Kidding aside, Hall is not a player we want in Vancouver. For his level of talent to scurry across the league says enough IMO. No thanks.

id give ovi the 6x6 deal ina heart beat are u kidding me legend  who would break 99s record on peteys wing il take 5 more 50 goal seasons from him please

1 hour ago, canuktravella said:

podkolzin hoglander say hi 

I think I was referring more to the UFA market. Hoglander fills a slot in the Top 6 but Podkolzin isn't going to be a Top 6 guy all of a sudden. Even if he is Canucks still need a winger especially if the team is trying to build 3 scoring lines

I don’t think I’ll ever like the idea of signing an ex Bruin to a 6x6 contract ever again lol. I do think Hall has gotten a bad reputation lately and if signed to a lower year and under 6 mill could put perform his contract. With Pearson re-signed and Podkolzin coming over I don’t see much room for wingers on our roster.

5 hours ago, canuktravella said:

id give ovi the 6x6 deal ina heart beat are u kidding me legend  who would break 99s record on peteys wing il take 5 more 50 goal seasons from him please

I’d give him a bonus of 100k, 6x6.1. Lol 

• Haha 1

I'd find it pretty tempting.

I would use him the same as how Chicago had Hossa spending time on their second line during their cup years scoring 25- 30 goals per year and 60-70 pomints and not having to be "the guy" but enjoying some really good productive hockey and making the team better for it.

As I said tempting, if Hall coould accept not being the guy then there could be value to be had here.

21 hours ago, GarthButcher5 said:

I'd find it pretty tempting.

I would use him the same as how Chicago had Hossa spending time on their second line during their cup years scoring 25- 30 goals per year and 60-70 pomints and not having to be "the guy" but enjoying some really good productive hockey and making the team better for it.

As I said tempting, if Hall coould accept not being the guy then there could be value to be had here.

except Hossa was way better than Hall is now.  Hossa was, like you say, a Selke level play on the wing.  I really don't know if Hall has much left in the tank.