The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ray Ferraro calls out Sekeres.

Rate this topic

22 minutes ago, coryberg said:

He definitely has a voice made for newspapers.

And a face that only a mother could love...except in this POS's case, it's questionable that he received any love from anyone in his life.  Classic case of childhood neglect manifesting itself as "look at me...look at me" as a grown imbecile man. 

If I saw this POS bleeding out on the side of the road, I would only circle back to make sure it was the POS bleeding out.  And once confirmed, drive away.

18 minutes ago, coryberg said:

He definitely has a voice made for newspapers.

The joke was always that he had a face for radio but who can disagree with the voice for newspapers.

Suckass has a massive ego and paints himself as the voice of reason and the only truly intelligent and educated man in Vancouver media.  He graduated cum laude from college so he says...... :rolleyes:

I tuned the man out long ago.  Don't follow on twitter (Price too) so the podcast never comes up on my feed.  

Donnie and Dahlie on the other hand I was missing but their podcasts are great.  No longer do they have to run subjects for interviews by others and they're putting out some interesting ones.  They may just come out better than ever after TSN folded up their Vancouver station.  Shows what being decent people can do for you.

The kid has missed a lot of games/practices/work-out time due to COVID. It makes entire sense that he'd want another year of development. 

I like that not 6 months ago Sekeres, Drance, etc. were out clamoring for how important sports journalism was to the city of Vancouver and how more voices were needed... and then as soon as they have a platform they devolve into another arm of the entertainment industry as opposed to actual journalism. 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

As usual, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.  But its still very tacky to stir the pot like that.  Sekeres just can't help to say what doesn't need to be said. Even though there may be a grain of truth in there. Just a grain.

Power, and his agent, and family, may see the obvious benefits of staying in college, and playing for a title.  D always take more time to develop etc..   AND at the same time, if he had his druthers, he'd prefer not to be drafted by Buffalo, and that this decision was deliberate, made to help dissuade them from picking him, at least a tiny bit.  (Because Ray is right, he'd still be able to join the team later for their Stanley Cup run! ...ok kidding) We just don't know if, say, the #1 pick was going to an original six team, or any team in better shape, that he'd be more stoked to forego his last year and be eager to try and make that team this September. We'll never know that.

But either way....this is not worth even discussing.  What this dumb tweet REALLY is doing...and we all know it Matt.....is going out of his way in questioning the character of a young Canadian player without anything to support that other than conjecture and insinuations.

• Vintage 1

13 hours ago, Patel Bure said:

Vancouver has some of the worst media members in all of hockey.  JD Burke is flat out of cancerous to Canucks hockey.   

Sekers isn’t too far behind.

I think even Brian Burke said something along the lines of Vancouver having great fans/media, but 10% were.....odd/toxic.  Interestingly enough, Burke didn’t offer this criticism towards Toronto or Calgary.

Didn't even know these trends, but I was always bored of listening to 1040 whenever it was a Sekeres segment, and more recently Drance even on Donny & Dhali.

On 6/12/2021 at 10:41 PM, PhillipBlunt said:

(Expletive deleted) you, Sekeres. (Expletive deleted) you up your stupid (expletive deleted). 

Trying to avoid the “public apology thread” PB? ;) 

personally I think getting suspended from here  now and then is like getting a Gordie Howe Hat Trick  .  :ph34r:

• Haha 2

On 6/12/2021 at 10:41 PM, PhillipBlunt said:

(Expletive deleted) you, Sekeres. (Expletive deleted) you up your stupid (expletive deleted). 

"Where have you gone Joe DiMaggio, Rose Mary Woods?

Our nation turns its lonely eyes to you..."

ap-rosemary-1-er-170608_16x9_992.jpg

regards,  G.

• Haha 1