The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Welcome To New Alumni Members

Rate this topic

-DLC-

9 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I don't get it. Why isn't Markus Naslund or Trevor Linden in this? Or Geoff/Russ Courtnall? Or Ronning? This Alumni thing makes zero sense.

Those are only the NEW members.  Naslund, Linden, Ronning and the Courtnall brothers are already on the list...

Members — Canucks Alumni Association (vancouvercanucksalumni.org)

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 2

I do know that the group is fairly involved in community events and sponsorships, so perhaps a commitment to that end of things is part of it?

I'd imagine, like anything, there are nominations and votes?  Or perhaps there's a certain thresh hold (years? games?) that's set?

Whatever the deal is, I love this organization.  I see Babych and Lumme at all kinds of events and they're so open and approachable.  Just a really good group of guys.

7 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Was hoping to see Loui Eriksson on the list.

Loui , Jay and Antoine receive "accidental" invites - "congraulations and welcome to once being a Canuck!!" :bigblush:

Edited by NHL'er

No Kesler tho eh?? THought he and Bieksa were joined at the hip, would have been a quiet way to get him slowly integrated back with the team. Kesler was a beast for us at times, he wore his heart on his sleeve...sound familiar?? I would say Kesler and JT Miller both Americans, were/are well respected players and fan favourites. Unfortunately, Kesler kind of screwed us when he wouldn't give a proper list of teams he would waive for...so fans hate him for doing that and as time has gone on and his career is over that hate has subsided but I will never forget him doing that. He was right in wanting out, he saw the ship sinking and the team still felt like they were cup contenders...Kesler 1- Canucks brass 0 in that regard!

2 hours ago, goalie13 said:

Kesler hasn't retired yet.  He is still under contract and on LTIR for one more season.

What's more is that not every retiree joins the alumni. My experience as a young fan taught me that when I expected to see all the 90s legends when going to alumni games and certainly didn't.