The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Optimal 21-22 Season Composition for Success and Beyond

Rate this topic

6 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Barely worth the trouble.   At this point, if i was the owner, id be burying him in Abbotsford.   Let him know he won't be getting any games.   No more NHL treatment.   Take it or leave it.  If he had one honourable bone in his body he'd retire.   He didn't come close to earning that deal, even though his career said that it was a fair one. 

I think there's a chance the extra $2M could be huge this year with our cap crunch and worth the loss of $1M next year.

• Hydration 1
1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I don't know what escrow is for the coming season (30%?) but I do know AHL guys don't pay it.  So Loui would get his full pay in the Abbotsford.  I think he would actually prefer that.  

You are correct.   The younger generation is going to take a big hit paying for the guys who signed 3-4 years ago plus that are still getting paid given covid.   We could call them gen x of the hockey world, bad timing.   LE has been riding on his coattails since he's arrived, again, if he had one honourable bone in his body he'd retire.   Some thought he would going into last season.  Didn't happen.   I'm not expecting it this year either.      From the own goal until now, one of the toughest six years of BS for one player i've ever seen play for Vancouver.   Yes he did a good job on the PK.   Yes in a non-cap world i'd be delighted to have the RW depth he's provided.    But calling out Green rubbed me wrong.  A-hole got second line minutes and didn't do sh!t.   Hogs did more in one season then he ever managed and it was a covid rookie year. JV also for blocked not that i'm going to talk about him.   But it happened.  Thank you BB for showing a veteran how to play the game.   Podz lol.   Bye bye LE, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. 

• Hydration 1
1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

I think there's a chance the extra $2M could be huge this year with our cap crunch and worth the loss of $1M next year.

Yes it could.   And it might happen.  Really depends on how the owners want to proceed.   It's their money after all.  

Edit:  On that.   As far as a business goes it all comes down to getting fans back into the seats.   Have no doubt it will be sold out right from the hop, whether 5k fans are allowed or the max.    Fans never stopped going despite the losses before so no reason to expect it to be any different, plus we/they are starved for the chance to see a game live.   JB signed the contract. Bad one really really bad one in hindsight.   LE should man up and retire but doubt he will.   Greedy MOfo.   The best way he could help the team is to do just that. 

Edited by IBatch
2 hours ago, IBatch said:

This sure would be nice.   A ton of moving parts that require this to happen.   Can't think of a better outcome though.  

Dumb Nuck he won't get fired.   Maybe we could fire the stick boy though, or Janice in accounting? 

Probably for the best, it’s my shtick, if he actually did get fired I’d be boring.

Great post OP. 

Well thought out... David Savard would be the number one target for me.  

I actually think that as long as we bring back Hamonic, Graovac and one more forward, we will sneak into the playoffs next year as long as we go back to our own division. I’d prefer to have one more conservative off-season and if we get one more high draft pick then so be it.  

Really like your ideas OP though. 

• Thanks 1
On 6/14/2021 at 9:20 AM, IBatch said:

For me at least, OJ is a better option then Rathbone.   Guess we will find out. If Rathbone is that good - then QHs should be flipped for a RHD. 

Agree.

Find out who defends better between Rath and QH and keep one.  Cant have two soft dmen that cant defend on the same d corp.  

Granlund would be an excellent pickup.  The team needs more skilled forwards that are good both ways and versatile.

It's all speculation about who's the better of QH, OJ or JR.  But from my own perspective JR is closer to a Makar then either of the other two. It's no shock i suspect I have doubts ( hopefully vanquished this coming season ) about OJ. None the less I assume Edler is back which means one of that trio needs to be moved, or better put , can be moved. I think there'd be a storm if QH rightly or wrongly is moved so IMO it's not looking good for OJ. Some one will be traded ( assuming intellect rules the day LOL ) Schmidt can play the left side too. It would be nice to aquire a Seth Jones but he's financially out of our range so it might be a Scott Mayfield type player. Even Mayfield might be the product of great coaching in a tight system in NYI with Trotz. We've seen this movie before with Schmidt who looked better in Vegas the in real life. It's going to be an interesting call for sure. It's the only asset that's surplus, LHD

Edited by Fred65