The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Stephen Johns announces retirement

Rate this topic

Great message from the guy. I didn't know this player at all, but seems like he had some decent seasons. It's too bad that depression/concussion basically took the fun out of the game for him. Hope life treats him better.

Edited by Dazzle

2 hours ago, AriGold said:

9M career earnings in 7 NHL seasons, 33 points in 167 NHL games.. How much money have you made in the last 7 years ? How many points did you score in the NHL ?

Bad form.. Have some decency.. 

Easy there champ. Its a legitimate question. 

Sorry I hit a mommy daddy button for you. 

Did you see the news report about John Smith retiring from the Coal and Mining sector? 

Probably not, because no one does the seal dance for “normal” hardworking people, just the ones they can glorify for being on TV for a minute. 

• RoughGame 2

47 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Easy there champ. Its a legitimate question. 

Sorry I hit a mommy daddy button for you. 

Did you see the news report about John Smith retiring from the Coal and Mining sector? 

Probably not, because no one does the seal dance for “normal” hardworking people, just the ones they can glorify for being on TV for a minute. 

He's a somebody for the Dallas Stars, considering he played his entire career there with them. Your point is stupid.

I had to look him up too.  Just not that familiar with what would be a depth guy in another organization that I don't follow.  I do remember him coming back after a year off, but had to go out and connect the dots.  Wish him all the best, you made it to the best league in the world, and stuck it for a few years.  Go out, discover yourself, and maybe find some happiness and meaning outside of the sport. :)

• Cheers 2

7 hours ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Who?

Same response I had.  But reading about him we find out he's going to be better known for what he's accomplishing off this ice now, than when he played.  Which is very cool.  

• Huggy Bear 1

34 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

He's a somebody for the Dallas Stars, considering he played his entire career there with them. Your point is stupid.

You literally just proved my point, with what I said in my reply. 

I guess you knew John Smith who played his whole career for the Dallas Stars. 

• RoughGame 1

39 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

You literally just proved my point, with what I said in my reply. 

I guess you knew John Smith who played his whole career for the Dallas Stars. 

Some people watch other teams besides the Canucks. This is a forum for everyone. And I think this player has a positive message.

I didn't prove your point. I proved that your point was stupid.

• Cheers 1