The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Devils interested in Rasmus Ristolainen

1 minute ago, Canuckster86 said:

@Vintage_Canuckdoes this thread cover the Friedman talk about Buffalo getting a 2nd top 10 or is this just Risto to NJ for something else like them taking on a bad contract like Okposo with ristolainen?

There is no way that Ristolainen nets a top 10 pick... unless the person helping carrying his bags to NJ is Reinhart.

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Another Sabres note for you all: the Canucks have interest in defenseman Rasmus Ristolainen, according to multiple sources.

The Canucks have the assets (picks and prospects) that could make a deal work for Buffalo. Glaring need at RHD.

I wouldn't be opposed to acquiring him now that we have Shaw on the coaching staff but I am worried because the team announced Bumgartner was still going to be the guy in charge of the D...so that is scary to think QH and RR both being -25-35 players each next season

1 minute ago, Provost said:

There is no way that Ristolainen nets a top 10 pick... unless the person helping carrying his bags to NJ is Reinhart.

Or Buffalo takes on a bad contract back from a team like us to fit him under the cap?

Who would CDC rather JB acquire and for what cost?

Rasmus Ristolainen- RHD who can shoot and put up points but needs a solid LHD partner who can cover his ass

Or

Sam Reinhart- Local BC kid who is primarily a RW but can slide to C. Think he does better in the NHL at RW due to his foot speed?

5 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Rasmus Ristolainen- RHD who can shoot and put up points but needs a solid LHD partner who can cover his ass

Or

Sam Reinhart- Local BC kid who is primarily a RW but can slide to C. Think he does better in the NHL at RW due to his foot speed?

Sammy for sure. 

• Upvote 1

This off-season is shaping up to be very interesting. I think we all need it as well. Being cooped up inside for so long has got me hungry for some action. 

I wonder what a deal would look like. I know there has been some talk about Severson being available from New Jersey. 

• Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Or

I expect that NJ's offer would be the NYI 1st and a prospect.  Our would be 40 and a solid prospect.

I'd give up our 1st for Reinhardt and some cap space.

• Cheers 1

I don't see why we couldn't shoot for the stars here, and offer our 2021 and 2022 1sts along with Eriksson (Cap) for Reinhart and Risto.  Basically a 1st for each of them.  They are both young still so we put ourselves right into the conversation:

Hoglander Pettersson Boeser

Miller Reinhart Podkolzin

Pearson Horvat Lind

Motte Highmore Lockwood

Hughes Hamonic

Schmidt Ristolainen

Rathbone Myers

Joulevi

Works for me!  Great for years!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

I don't see why we couldn't shoot for the stars here, and offer our 2021 and 2022 1sts along with Eriksson (Cap) for Reinhart and Risto.  Basically a 1st for each of them.  They are both young still so we put ourselves right into the conversation:

Pearson Horvat Lind

Motte Highmore Lockwood

Hughes Hamonic

Schmidt Ristolainen

Rathbone Myers

Joulevi

I don't even think it takes that much honestly.  Reinhart is worth a 1st but Risto definitely isn't... that is a big premium to move Eriksson for just one year left that we aren't even sure he will honour once sent to the minors. 

This year's 1st, along with some combination of Juolevi/Schmidt/DiPietro and a little cap but still useful players (Roussel and Beagle?) going their way to make the numbers work for Reinhart and Risto.  Top 10 picks have a lot of value compared with late 1st round picks.

Hoglander-Petterson-Boeser
Pearson-Horvat-Reinhart
Podkolzin-Miller-XX
Motte-Sutter-XX

Hughes-Hamonic
Edler-Ristolainen
Rathbone/Juolevi-Myers

Edited by Provost

33 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Pearson Horvat Lind

Motte Highmore Lockwood

Hughes Hamonic

Schmidt Ristolainen

Rathbone Myers

Joulevi

Is this lineup cap compliant though?  We still have quite a bit of dead cap to deal with.  

19 minutes ago, Provost said:

I don't even think it takes that much honestly.  Reinhart is worth a 1st but Risto definitely isn't... that is a big premium to move Eriksson for just one year left that we aren't even sure he will honour once sent to the minors. 

This year's 1st, along with some combination of Juolevi/Schmidt/DiPietro and a little cap but still useful players (Roussel and Beagle?) going their way to make the numbers work for Reinhart and Risto.  Top 10 picks have a lot of value compared with late 1st round picks.

Hoglander-Petterson-Boeser
Pearson-Horvat-Reinhart
Podkolzin-Miller-XX
Motte-Sutter-XX

Hughes-Hamonic
Edler-Ristolainen
Rathbone/Juolevi-Myers

To be honest, it's probably true that it won't cost that much, however I would definitely pay that for those two with the removal of Eriksson.  Maybe a 1st for Reinhart and something around Schmidt+ for Risto due to the age gap.  These are not two rentals but are two players that can be part of the core going forward.  They are the right age group.  So many options for our lineup.  Adding them both basically fills the two major gaps we have to have our team push the tempo (Our team composition is designed for that but missing a couple pieces).

• Upvote 1

I think we will have a very different looking D next year.

Currently:

XXX  -Schmidt

Hughes-XXX

Rathbone/Juolevi-Myers

I'd look to add a big defensive LHD to pair with Schmidt- Ian Cole, Patrick Nemeth, Oleksiak ~4 mil or so 

Also a big stay at home RHD via trade, Radko Gudas as an example ~2.5

Low cost experienced LHD to pair with Myers to lessen the load for OJ/Rathbone, also injury safety net. Edler, Chara, Staal, Andy Greene.~1.5

Oleksiak-Schmidt

Hughes-Gudas

Greene-Myers

OJ/Rathbone

Obviosuly assuming that we get out from under a few contracts like Myers, JV, Beagle/Roussel

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1