The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Roger Waters Tells "Little Pr**k" Zuckerberg To "F**k Off" Following Request To Use Iconic Pink Floyd Song For Ad

8 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

Animals is their best album in my opinion. 

Nahh 

The wall.

That is his tribute to his best friend Syd Barrett.

Both musically and lyrically it is better.

NOFX's latest album,single album, was going to be a double album.

After consulting with friends Mike decided to make it a single album.

He also stated that the only double album that was truly great was the wall.

I have to agree with him.

Animals is  pink Floyd's second best IMO.

8 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

His ongoing support of Assange deserves mention. Ranting truth to power isn't an easy gig.

Totally !

Telling the truth hardly ever makes you friends.

• Hydration 1
4 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

Millionaire Rock Star calling out a Billionaire dot com weasel. Lol.

The world will become a better place when people stop caring about this stuff and care more about being kind to the people you bump into  on the street corner.

Very impressed with this comment!

You're right that unless the average Joe is at the level of these folks it should not be of concern to them... unless of course they are like a Facebook investor or something or have some sort of connection to Pink Floyd. 

I became rather annoyed when the dumb receptionist instead of doing her job was playing Reese Witherspoons audio book.. like as if it is going to help her in someway. 

• Hydration 1

Zuckerberg gets a lot of heat.

I know it's a wild concept but perhaps the people that don't like these billionaires should stop using and purchasing their products.

Same goes for China, the only way to deal with the CCP is to stop supporting them and put pressure on our gov's to do the same.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
8 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I know it's a wild concept but perhaps the people that don't like these billionaires should stop using and purchasing their products.

Same goes for China, the only way to deal with the CCP is to stop supporting them and put pressure on our gov's to do the same.

Sadly, the current Rt. Hon. isn't willing to steel his spine against them, and his government's Loyal Opposition is unfortunately not really an acceptable option or fit to govern this country (as the Official Opposition's former and current leader(s) have been and are somewhat autocratic in nature and far from the progressives that they used to be).

However, at the personal level, one can always boycott goods and services that the ccp has involvement in, and I practice it to the fullest extent that I can and encourage others to do so as well.  There's only so much they can do once their coffers dry up.

(point being, don't expect our government to do the same - they're too tempted by the $$$ available to worry about national security and issues surrounding sovereignty)

• Hydration 1
1 minute ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

don't expect our government to do the same - they're too tempted by the $$$ available to worry about national security and issues surrounding sovereignty

I know, that's why I said pressure them. I read the G7 talked about some implementing ideas, but 'we the people' could do more and make a point of it when picking our leadership.

CCP is on a roll and the whole world is starting to be concerned. 

That country has as many people as Europe, North and Central America combined ( if my memory serves).

Reminds me of an old rap song that I enjoyed...could be prophetic. 

4 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I know, that's why I said pressure them. I read the G7 talked about some implementing ideas, but 'we the people' could do more and make a point of it when picking our leadership.

CCP is on a roll and the whole world is starting to be concerned. 

That country has as many people as Europe, North and Central America combined ( if my memory serves).

Reminds me of an old rap song that I enjoyed...could be prophetic. 

I was going to upvote your post, because I agree with the sentiment of the points you raised... but I can't do it with your posting of MC Jin, who is a known bootlicker of the ccp and "blue ribbon/blue zombie" in terms of the HK anti-ELAB/pro-democracy movements.

Just now, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I was going to upvote your post, because I agree with the sentiment of the points you raised... but I can't do it with your posting of MC Jin, who is a known bootlicker of the ccp and "blue ribbon/blue zombie" in terms of the HK anti-ELAB/pro-democracy movements.

I did not know that...

Been a hundred years since I listened to that song. And that song is all i know about him. 

Does sound like a boot licker though, with the lyrics he sings....but if things don't change, he may be right.

• Hydration 1
5 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Totally.

Never been on Facebook.

Got Samsung mobile phone,Telly and Tablet for my son.

On and On.

Gotta live up to ones morals.

• Hydration 1
5 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Yes, stop shopping at Home Depot and Walmart.  Buy local whenever you can.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
On 6/15/2021 at 10:55 PM, Ilunga said:

Nahh 

The wall.

That is his tribute to his best friend Syd Barrett.

Both musically and lyrically it is better.

Animals is  pink Floyd's second best IMO.

I'm a huge Floyd fan, but their signature album is without a doubt, Dark Side Of The Moon.

I don't know if I really have a favourite album, I like all of them.

I have some favourite tracks, and mood also plays a factor to what I listen to.

Echoes is probably my favourite if I was to choose one.

Shine On You Crazy Diamond, then Dogs, then Time, Comfortably Numb, Hey You, Sheep, Not Now John,   Astronomy Domine.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Heretic said:

I'm a huge Floyd fan, but their signature album is without a doubt, Dark Side Of The Moon.

I don't know if I really have a favourite album, I like all of them.

I have some favourite tracks, and mood also plays a factor to what I listen to.

Echoes is probably my favourite if I was to choose one.

Shine On You Crazy Diamond, then Dogs, then Time, Comfortably Numb, Hey You, Sheep, Not Now John,   Astronomy Domine.

Once Gilmour got together with Waters their Albums are classics,like the Beatles at their best.

However if you know the story of Roger and Syd Barrett the 2 original founders of the band and Syd's personal story,to me that adds poignancy and a depth of feeling to The Wall  that none of the others have.

11 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Totally.

Never been on Facebook.

Got Samsung mobile phone,Telly and Tablet for my son.

On and On.

Gotta live up to ones morals.

Hey, I've found something I can agree with Ilunga on.

What a happy day! What a HAPPY day!

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
5 hours ago, Jack Fig said:

Hey, I've found something I can agree with Ilunga on.

What a happy day! What a HAPPY day!

We should always look for the things that bring us together.

What saddens me is a lit people do not seem able able to discuss their differences in a civil manner.

Or they act like a child who has not got their own way and spit the dummy.

The way to work through our differences and more importantly not make the same mistakes is dialogue.

16 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Once Gilmour got together with Waters their Albums are classics,like the Beatles at their best.

However if you know the story of Roger and Syd Barrett the 2 original founders of the band and Syd's personal story,to me that adds poignancy and a depth of feeling to The Wall  that none of the others have.

"Shine on You Crazy Diamond" and "Wish You Were Here" also written as tribute to Syd.

Check out 'Amused To Death" by Waters if you haven't already.

Imo his best solo work. Excellent recording, incredible imaging-baby crying right beside your chair, dogs in neighbours yard barking, soldiers marching over a bridge and so on.

Great lyrics, back up female vocals are incredible, done by Katie Kisson are fantastic with Jeff Beck on guitar for a few tunes.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gurn said:

"Shine on You Crazy Diamond" and "Wish You Were Here" also written as tribute to Syd.

Check out 'Amused To Death" by Waters if you haven't already.

Imo his best solo work. Excellent recording, incredible imaging-baby crying right beside your chair, dogs in neighbours yard barking, soldiers marching over a bridge and so on.

Great lyrics, back up female vocals are incredible, done by Katie Kisson are fantastic with Jeff Beck on guitar for a few tunes.

Thanks for the tip however I have followed Roger ever since I fist heard Pink Floyd.

Totally agree that Amused to Death is his best work post Floyd.

Rogers and Gilmour are like Lennon and McCartney IMO,the sum of the parts was greater than the whole.

Their best work was done together.

• Upvote 1