The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Pesce(Car) or Jones(Clb) to Vancouver

6 hours ago, Patel Bure said:

Adam Larsson is the guy that I’d go after.  He’ll only cost money and he’s capable of anchoring a top pairing on the defensive side of things.   While he’s obviously not as good as Jones per se, Larsson would cost significantly less money and significantly less assets.  Perhaps most importantly however, he’d be the closest thing to an Edler replacement out there.  

He would be ideal as he just costs $$ and term but sounded like he and the Coil were interested in getting a deal done time will tell.

TB has a knack for great drafting and developing, if they believe Foote is going to be a solid D for them soon I wonder if they would consider trading Cernak in a deal for the 9th pick if the Canucks made some other cap room to take on some more cap from TB?

2 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

He would be ideal as he just costs $$ and term but sounded like he and the Coil were interested in getting a deal done time will tell.

TB has a knack for great drafting and developing, if they believe Foote is going to be a solid D for them soon I wonder if they would consider trading Cernak in a deal for the 9th pick if the Canucks made some other cap room to take on some more cap from TB?

Cooper says Cernak is a star for them.  Brisebois said they never considered trading their 3 RFAs last off-season explaining that they will need them to win Cups and they are just scratching the surface.  There's really no reason to think he has changed his mind.  

Foote has yet to play in the post-season and Cooper has been playing at times 7 Ds.  He becomes waiver eligible next season.

4 hours ago, mll said:

Cooper says Cernak is a star for them.  Brisebois said they never considered trading their 3 RFAs last off-season explaining that they will need them to win Cups and they are just scratching the surface.  There's really no reason to think he has changed his mind.  

Foote has yet to play in the post-season and Cooper has been playing at times 7 Ds.  He becomes waiver eligible next season.

Crushed my dreams man...our D core is a mess we need RHD who are mid 20s at worst to grow with this group