Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Maple Leafs re-sign Jason Spezza


Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Screw that - if Loui Eriksson is going to Dallas, he'd better take his cap hit with him!   :lol:

Here’s a fun mental exercise.

 

Loui 6m - 1 yr

for 

Jamie Benn 9.5M - 5 yrs

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BabychStache said:

Here’s a fun mental exercise.

 

Loui 6m - 1 yr

for 

Jamie Benn 9.5M - 5 yrs

 

No, but I would take Lucic for an extra year and save a little this year, and get a guy who can score 10 goals and 10 assists and add some toughness for two seasons. 

Of course the better solution is just have Loui retire and that ain't happening either. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I sure hope we don't offer Edler a contract over 1.1 million... Time to move from Edler if he doesn't accept a big discount...

1 yr X 1.1 million..

Resign -  Hamonic 2 yrs X 2.1

 Trade -- Graves style D man 6'5, 28, 220lbs....

Trade - Scmidt -- We have Hughes, Rathbone is going to be very good soon.. Time to move Scmidt..

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, gurn said:

Canucks should have claimed him last year. If he retired, so be it. He could have helped us, and not helped them.

Might have made a difference in the standings.


Good signing for the Leafs. Good for Spezza. That said if they try to put him on waivers again I’d claim him so fast and if he wants to retire, go ahead. No more of this free waiver transaction bullshizz for the Leafs. Nobody rides for free.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 4petesake said:


Good signing for the Leafs. Good for Spezza. That said if they try to put him on waivers again I’d claim him so fast and if he wants to retire, go ahead. No more of this free waiver transaction bullshizz for the Leafs. Nobody rides for free.

JB just selected the wrong Laff waiver wire players...call a players buff if he says don't claim me or I will retire, you can't do that $&!# or if you do then go retire you whiney baby. Spezza ain't winning $&!# with the Laffs so it doesn't matter!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Makes sense, safe to say he vastly over performed this year - at least beyond some's expectations, Still has some left in the tank if they manage his ice time similarly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s a reasonable guy.   Not greedy like the other privileged dipsh!!ts on that team.

Plus I’m sure he must realize that even at $750k he’s still making more than any high profile doctor would. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, sassbs said:

He’s a reasonable guy.   Not greedy like the other privileged dipsh!!ts on that team.

Plus I’m sure he must realize that even at $750k he’s still making more than any high profile doctor would. 

Plus, with nearly $90M in career earnings, he probably doesn’t “need” the money at this point, if he’s been even minimally intelligent about how he spends and invests (not a guarantee with NHLers, but I’d hope Spezza is already “set for life”).

Link to post
Share on other sites

This deal is simply obscene to me.... he's 38 and produced 30 pts out of 54 games.. in the old pre-Covid NHL.... he's worth $4M at least despite his age!! For us, we are always struggling to make the playoffs... these awesome veterans will never land on our lap.... unless it's someone with some health question mark like.... Ferland!!! *deep sigh*....

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

This deal is simply obscene to me.... he's 38 and produced 30 pts out of 54 games.. in the old pre-Covid NHL.... he's worth $4M at least despite his age!! For us, we are always struggling to make the playoffs... these awesome veterans will never land on our lap.... unless it's someone with some health question mark like.... Ferland!!! *deep sigh*....

if edler would do that in order to have a chance at winning the stanley cup... heck bring the sedins back at 1m per play on the 3rd line that would give us better chance in my books.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Spezza = $750k for 10 goals 
Eriksson + Baertschi + Roussel + Beagle + Edler + Myers = $27M for a combined 8 goals :bigblush:
What is even worse is that we have a bunch more poor performing contracts (Sutter, Holtby, Virtanen)
 

Edited by canucklehead44
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

Spezza = $750k for 10 goals 
Eriksson + Baertschi + Roussel + Beagle + Edler + Myers = $27M for a combined 8 goals :bigblush:
What is even worse is that we have a bunch more poor performing contracts (Sutter, Holtby, Virtanen)
 

not only poor performing contracts but also players that can't contribute on the ice like Ferland... which makes the whole situation even more devastating. Jim and his team they outperform at least 90% of their counterparts around the league.  He's a hell of a GM.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2021 at 3:55 AM, MystifyNCrucify said:

The leafs model for signing their bottom six. 

leafs model is superior to the canucks model because their bottom six is not only way better than canucks bottom six but also way cheaper AND they made the playoffs with this model. I think you should give their model the credit it deserves. Thank you.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

leafs model is superior to the canucks model because their bottom six is not only way better than canucks bottom six but also way cheaper AND they made the playoffs with this model. I think you should give their model the credit it deserves. Thank you.

Sorry i guess its a touchy subject. I suppose when they you spend so much on playoff no show players, you have to do things like this. 

 

How far did the leafs make it this year? Surely their superior model got them past the first round. 

 

:emot-parrot:

 

I mean after all the leafs have almost won the cup every year since they signed Tavares. Thats what i keep hearing anyway. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...