The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Hamonic willing to play outside western canada

37 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

It's going to be tough for Benning to reconstruct this defense.  But I think he is going to try as hard as he can to make it better. Why sign Hamonic for $3 million when there are better options out there? 

Are there? Are they guaranteed to come here.? I mean I'd love to trade for Mayfield and sign Hakanpaa but neither of those things are guaranteed, or even likely. 

I also think Hamonic will be closer to $2.5m personally.

There should be available cap space in any Schmidt trade to be able to sign a better UFA on D than Hamonic.

Again, assuming you can actually get them here. And 'better' is probably a stretch.  Different, sure. They're all second pair D.

Woo is 2-3 years away in my opinion.  He would be replacing Myers I think on a 3rd pairing if Myers sticks around until the end of his contract.

Or Hamonic when we re-sign him for 2'ish years ;) Myers plays a different game.

Other than Woo we really have nothing on the farm or in the pipeline.  Hughes, Rathbone and Juolevi are the young guys that have all graduated to the big leagues.

We haven't got any blue chip guys but we do have guys (Jurmo, Persson, Truscott, Utunen). And we will continue to draft guys you know. We may add one this draft in fact.

I don't have a problem with all 3 in the lineup next year and you have Myers as a big body.  Maybe you re-sign Edler and allow either Rathbone or Juolevi to transition more slowly into the lineup.  But that still leaves 2 spots.  If Edler is coming back I would hope that Schmidt gets traded to upgrade the right side and we sign a large body UFA like Hakanpaa or make a hockey trade for a Mayfield type.

Sure, great if it happens... And I have little doubt management will make attempts to add some of these guys.  But again, no guarantee. And I think some of you are under-valuing Hamonic.

• Upvote 1

On 7/6/2021 at 11:44 AM, Coconuts said:

That's kinda what I figured, good ol' community man Dan 

Just came across this, some Hammer fans may be interested:

https://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/local-sports/former-nhler-hamhuis-returns-to-his-roots-in-smithers-3950579?fbclid=IwAR13otnlq4KgkWjCq9ss4d-IGPyKu23X2Zptt0LPVmKvojO9hv6_YOB8RKU

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

He sounds happy, that's awesome

And he's BC based too, so you know he'll be a regular Canuck alumni