The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Hamonic willing to play outside western canada

14 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

call his bluff! offer the league minimum lol

Yep we don’t need to overpay on salary or term at this point.

id personally rather go younger and bigger and target guys like Dunn, Oleksiak, and Foote.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

36 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yep we don’t need to overpay on salary or term at this point.

id personally rather go younger and bigger and target guys like Dunn, Oleksiak, and Foote.

Test #1 for Benning. But I think the Canucks actually have more leverage than it seems here.

Cant think of another team where he gets consistent top 4 time with a guy like Hughes.

Benning should just show him a picture of Anson Carter.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Its Edler's turn to offer a loyalty / hometown discount contract!

He did that last time. 6 mil was market value but he easily would have gotten more term somewhere else. Instead he agreed to a shorter deal that expires before expansion draft.

My guess is he'll sign for one year, NMC and 2 mil. That would still be a considerable hometown discount. 

• Cheers 2

Ok than Hamonic, I hope it isn’t just a bluff because we can move on to

other options and then you might be playing outside Western Canada… or for the Oilers, which is infinitely worse…

Thankfully we aren’t desperate, Benning does dumb things when we are.  We have Schmidt and Myers who can play the right side already locked up.  Neither is a great fit for Hughes, but we can always find another body for those dollars.

Hamonic is a “nice to have at the right price”… not a “need to have”

2 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Test #1 for Benning. But I think the Canucks actually have more leverage than it seems here.

Cant think of another team where he gets consistent top 4 time with a guy like Hughes.

Benning should just show him a picture of Anson Carter.

why show him picture when he  can just watch  Anson on tv  lol 

• Haha 1

I would rather let Edler and Hamonic walk, play Hughes, Rathbone, Juolevi full time on the left side to see what they do with it and use some of those dollars to sign a RHD to play with Hughes. If you cant get the guy you want at a reasonable cap hit, sign a 3rd pairing placeholder for 1 year, flip him at the deadline, and revamp the D next summer.

Hamonic at 1.5 for 1 year is fine by me. I say avoid term, premium dollars, and trade protection at all costs. Flip him for assets if the season goes sideways.

I dont want to see Hughes partner being Hamonic for much longer. Nice to have at a low cap hit but we dont need more Beagle/Roussel type contracts for non core players.