The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sign Top UFA - Trade Core Piece - Make Playoffs 2022

1 hour ago, Pears said:

If I see one more Hughes trade proposal…

I was going to make a trade proposal that looked the following:

Quinn Hughes to Van for.....nothing keep him for free.

But you don't want to see it.

6 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Here We Go Again GIF by memecandy

First and foremost Edler should of been gone 2-3 years ago, but he wasn't, Tanev who was great at blocking shots should still be here. We don't need Edler for blocking shots, just like we don't need Loui Eriksson for the penalty kill. These players are done dead weight, it's time to move on from dead weight and aquire more mobile better players. I had these same arguments with people on here 3-4 years ago regarding how useless Eriksson was but majority of people couldn't accept it yet, too many tried to defend him as a good PK for this team and reality was he wasn't that great, there were cheaper and better options out there, just some people have a hard time accepting it. This is the same case in Edler, just because he can block some shots isn't enough to keep him, his overall game is just brutal and he just can't do anything like he used to he's done, sucks but it is what it is, but people just need to accept this and move on.

Regarding Hughes you don't trade him yet, but he definitely needs to improve on his defensive game, and if he does that then he's set for good here, because his offensive abilities and overall vision and skill is something you don't find easily, but if you can complete his overall game then everything is good, he's young so he's got some time to improve still.

Who are you going to replace edler with? If you can put together 3 rhd that are better than him for a decent cap hit i will gladly listen. But we have a severe deficiency in that position so i wouldnt just walk from him for the hell of it. No one is claiming he is top pairing or maybe even top 4 at this point but ifwe can get for for a million for a year then we would be foolish not to have him on the third pairing to mentor our next generation

15 hours ago, Shanghaii Owey Ice said:

Sign Dougie Hamiltion 7 years @ 8 Mill per season

Trade Quin Hughes + Kole Lind + Olli Juolevi for Hampus Lindholm & Rickard Rakell

Keep 9th OA and draft a dman

Sign Edler on a cheap 1 year deal

Line up 2022 Season

Miller-Pettersson-Rakell

Hoglander-Horvat-Boesser

Pearson-UFA-Podkolzin

Highmore-Beagle-Gadjovich

Edler-Hamilton

Lindholm-Schmitt

Rathbone Myers

Line up 2023 Season

Rakell-Petterson-Podkolzin

Hoglander-Horvat-Boesser

Pearson-Miller-Gadjovich

Lindholm-Hamilton

Rathbone-Schmitt

Chatfield-Myers

9th overall dman

Hughes is a great player, but it still seems relevant you need a BIG mobile back end to win playoffs series and go on a run. Hughes goes out but 2 dmen that fit that description come in. Also think its important we keep the 9th OA and draft a dman. With the proposed trades, our top 9 is a roaring machine and set for a few years at the least. Rakell could get back up to a 30 goal scorer playing on Petterson's wing and be supremely dangerous come playoffs. Bring in the skilled swedish - canucks connection with Rakell & Lindholm to mold with Peterson while maintaining the grit in Horvat, Miller & Podkolzin

Obviously cap would have to be moved around here (Eriksson, Virtanen etc) to make this work. Just interested in the idea asset wise to do a sign and trade method.

Have at er!

Yeah. No to Hughes being traded. 

Gadjovich doesn’t even skate well enough to keep up in the league. You’re assuming that his skating will improve. No guarantees of that. 

Chatfield?? Really? What has he proven this past season that you would want him back? Are there cheaper options on the trade market, or even in free agency? I see Chatfield as a depth defenseman, rather than an every day NHLer. 

• Hydration 1

Since we are making these kinds of trade proposals....i'm gonna jump right in.

To Van - Eichel J, Melody Martin

To Buffalo - Virtanen, Roussel, Loui, 1st 2021, (Jasek, Palmu, Teves, Sautner, Plasek(Out of the kindness of my heart)), Embarrassing photos

Why does Buffalo do this..... :bigblush:

I had to think hard on this one. What scraps to give to Kevin Adams.

Edited by Monteeun
19 hours ago, Hamhuis Hip Check said:

Why do so many people have a hard on for trading hughes?

19 hours ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Unbelievable 

Agreed. Everyone proposing to trade Hughes should google Cam Neely trade. In fact just read this article (it also has quotes from Benning that explain his thoughts on JV): 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/canucks-at-50-cam-neely-trade-proved-to-be-gms-worst-nightmare/wcm/505dc7bb-0699-4879-853b-30a22039eaa6/amp/

Would like to keep Hughes. He is young, prefer the new coach team will improve his defense.

This is a right time for Elder to go. Give opportunities to OJ, Rock.

9thOA is important for our future, please keep it. Trust Benning 's draft picks. 

13 hours ago, Hamhuis Hip Check said:

Who are you going to replace edler with? If you can put together 3 rhd that are better than him for a decent cap hit i will gladly listen. But we have a severe deficiency in that position so i wouldnt just walk from him for the hell of it. No one is claiming he is top pairing or maybe even top 4 at this point but ifwe can get for for a million for a year then we would be foolish not to have him on the third pairing to mentor our next generation

What do you mean.... Do you really not know how to look at UFA available this year on RD?

You want people better then him fine, but I'm not saying to sign all these but I'll write all the players better then him for you then. All these players I'm writing all produced more then Edler this year, the big kicker is Edler had the highest salary cap out of all of them.

Tyson Barrie

Dougie Hamilton

Alex Goligoski

Brandon Montour

Cody Ceci

Erik Gustafsson

Jordan Oesterele

Jordie Benn

Adam Larsson

Brendan Smith

Travis Hamonic

Ian Cole (tied Edler in points)

I'd rather take a chance on Jett Woo over Edler even if he's not ready, Edler is horrible. 

• Hydration 1