The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Unless the Blues protect Vince Dunn as their 4th D-man in Expansion and risk exposing Thomas, I doubt they would sell him, esp. if Virtanen is part of any return.
If they fear that Seattle might take him for nothing, I wonder if we could acquire RT even for a 3rd.  Put him in the 7th forward protection slot and we're good.  

Too much for Rathbone as others have said, Seattle might even poach Graves for the ED.  If Edler's as good as gone I'd trade another average prospect but not Jack.
(Side note, as a Canucks fan I'm both excited and prepared to be disappointed by what Benning may do during the ED).  

• RoughGame 1

Why would we trade Rathbone when his equal partner at Harvard is up for the Norris trophy this year?  Talking about selling low.  This kid could be better than Hughes.

And why would Colorado trade for another Dman who is under 200 pounds?  They already have Byram in the pipeline who plays the left side.  They got abused by Vegas so Coloraod should be looking to get bigger not smaller.

Robert Thomas is a nice player so not sure why the Blues would want to give him up for Virtanen.  They probably protect Thomas and don't even expose him.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 2
2 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

(Side note, as a Canucks fan I'm both excited and prepared to be disappointed by what Benning may do during the ED).  

I lean towards excited. All this talk about Reinhart but the Canucks are probably up to something completely in left field (like Miller & Schmidt).  

I bet Rathbone is on their no trade list unless something is proposed that they can't pass up. 

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1