The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kaprizov contract

Rate this topic

Previous regimes have screwed Minny's cap-reality. The whole mess thrown in the lap of a tainted, scandalized Billy Guerin.

How will the league ASSIST this particular US market, to wriggle outa' their own fishing net, like the slimy eels they resemble?(inquirin' minds wanna know!)

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 3

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Go have a gander at their cap friendly page. Albatrosses to aging vets(Zucc, Parise & Suter) is almost 21 mill AAV x eternity, to guys collectively about 35 yrs old.

I expect the league to agree on some longgggg-term LTIR-hangnails/rashes/webbed feet? scenarios, more quickly than you can say Paul Bunyan.

I think the other poster had a point too, seeing how guys like Laine and I think William Nylander threatened to sit out for awhile for negotiation leverage, though I gather that heading home is another matter altogether.  Regarding the albatrosses though, I wonder if they're at least in a better condition than San Jose?  If Kirill the Thrill stays then at least they have him, Fiala, Eriksson-Ek who should stay and their top-4 D (SJ's stuck with Jones, Karlsson, Vlasic, Burns; they do have some good forwards but they're basically sink or swim with them - e.g. Hertl/ Couture/ Meier/ Labanc).

Regardless this just adds to the drama around the league (Eichel, Kuznetsov, the Leafs after their collapse, the Expansion Draft and who Vancouver could poach-- pretty exciting times to be a hockey fan).

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Phil_314 said:

Regardless this just adds to the drama around the league (Eichel, Kuznetsov, the Leafs after their collapse, the Expansion Draft and who Vancouver could poach-- pretty exciting times to be a hockey fan).

Hear what you're saying, but feel this is drama for(mostly) the wrong reasons. Mechanisms should've been instituted to kibosh lousy contracts, for example.

It's entertainment, ferGawdsakes! Why should fanbases be forced into yrs of patience(for terms to die away) if they're smitten with one team, or another?

54 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

I almost puked looking on capfriendly at this team. They are going to have 4 maybe even 5 loui contracts ranging from 6-7.5m in the next couple years. lol

I actually like Minny as a team. They took Vegas to 7 and have some great pieces. Unfortunately for them retaining those pieces (Fiala, Kaprizov, Kahkonen) will be a massive undertaking. Retaining what they've built will be next to impossible with some of those albatrosses.

They did almost get rid of Parise at the TDL, but the paperwork didn't go through in time. It will be interesting to see if the Isles pursue him in the off season. Especially if they lose to Tampa again.

7 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

6 mill for him i'd do that all day.

Probably give him a few more years to earn that dough/reputation - but some GM will fall in love with the idea regardless of the player; thus, the LE contract.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

1 minute ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Probably give him a few more years to earn that dough/reputation - but some GM will fall in love with the idea regardless of the player; thus, the LE contract.

he's 24 though, although this whole might got back to russia thing is a bit of a turn off anyways lol

1 hour ago, Mustard Tiger said:

I almost puked looking on capfriendly at this team. They are going to have 4 maybe even 5 loui contracts ranging from 6-7.5m in the next couple years. lol

They've also made the post-season every year save one for each of the past nine seasons.  

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan