The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] Petey and Quinn on 1 year 1 million dollar deals + monstrous 8 year deals afterwards?

20 hours ago, Patel Bure said:

Thank you for the info.   There would obviously be some risk involved, but surely, Petey and Hughes (and JP Barry) would likely salivate at the lips thinking about the idea of signing 9-10 million dollar deals on January 1st 2022 (for the 22-23 season).  Would it be cap circumvention?  Probably in some form yes.  But given the shenanigans that Tampa has been pulling, can you honestly see the NHLPA or whoever having a problem with this?  

While I love EP and Hughy's ATM they are not worth 9- 10 million.

And I would argue that in a capped league if a team really wants a chance to win a cup, signing 2 players that take up virtually a  quarter of your cap makes it impossible to build a real contender,that has the quality depth players you need especially when it seems the cap won't be going up for a while.

Heiskanen was signed for 8.5 mill and he is an all round better d- man.

If Quinn is willing to bet on himself then I believe he is worth 7  - 7.5 they can decide/work out the length factoring cap situation.

Hopefully Petey grows into at least a point per game player but he has not achieved that yet.

ATM he is worth 8 again working out the length factoring in the cap situation.

It all depends if these are team guys who want to win or are selfish guys who only think of themselves.

• Cheers 1